Friday 14 April 2017

Disneyland Paris 2016 // Day 3, Part 1


Day 3! Eeek! This post marks the halfway point of my daily summaries from my 2016 trip. It's already been so long since I was there and these posts are probably out of date for others to read, but I am loving keeping the magic alive and reliving each day week by week. Thankfully I still have many more posts to come including many photos from Buffalo Bills Wildwest Show!
Anyway, back to day 3. As always it was an early morning, breakfast in the hotel and to the park for extra magical hours. This day we actually decided to hop in a police vehicle and get a lift down to the castle! I've been in one of the little cars before and won't go on the carts because (although I know the horses are very well looked after) it's just not my thing to have a horse drag me around, but the police one was super fun, just the four of us.
Instead of the usual Fantasyland first hit, we actually headed over to Discoveryland and took a ride on Orbitron while the sun rose. Well, Mam didn't because she doesn't like heights.
After that Kerri and Kris popped over for a go on Space Mountain with its teeny tiny queue and Mam and I went to explore Nautilus. I love Les Mystères du Nautilus because I like the film it's from, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, but I hear a lot of people who just rush through calling it boring which means it usually isn't too crowded at all. I went a bit overboard with photos so have had to limit it to only a few for this post haha.


We then stopped to talk with Mallards for a bit, met Kerri and Kris and headed over to queue for Autopia! Autopia is always awesome, but it was extra fun when we were chasing Kerri and Kris in the car haha. Plus, being a driver and someone who loves to drive (but hasn't had a car in a while) it's so nice to be behind a wheel again. Although chilly, the still-rising sun was gorgeous as it lit our way and shone through the trees while I drove and shot - photos that is.
Then we did something I've never done before...got a fast pass! I'm not a big believer in them, I just feel it's cheating haha but we'd had a go on Buzz and as we wanted to return, decided to grab a fast pass as we got off to come back later.

I'm gonna leave this post here as apparently day 3 was jam-packed with photos and I think it looks like this will be a 3 parter...eek!!

Check out the rest of my DLP 2016 posts below!
Christmas Decor
Day 1, Part 1
Day 1, Part 2
What I Bought
Sequoia Lodge Hotel Review 
Day 2, Part 1
Day 2, Part 2
Bistrot Chez Rémy Review


8 comments:

  1. I loved this day! It was such a gorgeous morning. I still have two posts left to share from our trip, so I should get them up ASAP!

    I'm all for reliving the magic of our trip. We definitely need another trip together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty great day eh? We got so lucky with the weather the first few days. Yes! I can't wait to see them.

      Well you could always come with Mam and I to DLP again next year ;) haha

      xo

      Delete
  2. What beautiful weather! Always makes the trip extra special when the sun is shining and it's warm enough. Nautilus looks interesting too - I'm sure I'd have enjoyed walking through there! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was, we hit it lucky. Well, apart from the temperatures!! Brrr.
      Indeedy. Especially if you've seen the movie. I think most people don't know what it's all about and feel a little confused as to why it's there haha.

      xo

      Delete
  3. Yu know, I don't think I've ever looked round Nautilus - does that mean I have to go back to explore more?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! It's law. You have to rewatch the movie before you go in too so it's fresh in your head.

      xo

      Delete
  4. I know I say this on each of your posts from Disney, but the level of detail is just outstanding, especially in the first few photos, I love it. I could easily spend hours just walking around with my camera, it just looks amazing, and the weather looked gorgeous for it too! Love the shot of the little duck there, and the one of you and your Mum together - super cute! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's insane isn't it? There are so many different birds too so I have a whole post of just 'birding at Disneyland' to get up soon aswell haha.
      If you, Kerri and I ever go together we'll have to schedule a whole day just for photo taking lol

      xo

      Delete