Friday 8 November 2019

Harry Potter & The Wizarding World Book Collection


I've hinted at it a couple times but it's finally here - my Wizarding World book collection. To be honest, from the get go, I was sure it was more substantial than it actually is which is why I wanted to do this post to being with. However once taking the photos I realize it's quite an underwhelming amount...especially if you're aware of the likes of Peter Kenneth and his impressive hoard.
Either way it's my special collection and I'm very happy and appreciative to own it. Here is a closer look.



Starting off on the bottom shelf of the same bookcase that houses the majority of Mr H's LOTR/Tolkien collection. The books that started it all live here. My original copies from when I was a child, which have been read, re-read multiple times and are visibly very well loved, sit stacked on the right.
Next to those are a couple of the David Colbert 'unofficial' books and the super cute original copies of Quidditch Through the Ages, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Tales of Beedle the Bard which were charity partnered - a portion of the money from the sale of each going to Comic Relief for the first 2 and High Level Children's Group (now known as Lumos) for the stunning hardback Tales of Beedle the Bard.
Finally, on the left you see the physically larger books joined by a random smaller hardback that was demoted from the shelves below when a new addition bumped it out of it's space. 



Rounding it up with the last few books, you may recognize this cabinet from our first Book Collection Tour post. We prefer the look of books without slipcovers so that's why these books may look slightly different to how they are usually recognizable. My Hufflepuff editions of Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban, the Fantastic Beasts screen plays, the Cursed Child screen play and all of the currently available illustrated editions of the original series.
Then finally the last few that are on the bottom of yet another bookcase due to their size and shape etc, which includes the official guides from my two trips to the WB Studio Tour, Leavesden.

And that about concludes my current collection! Maybe this time next year I might have a little update with any additions...


💀 Mrs Hallow 💀



No comments:

Post a Comment