Tuesday 15 September 2020

The Guilty Reader Book Tag

 


Sooo. It's been a crazy, hectic, take-each-day-as-it-comes type of year so far for most of us and despite me being determined to get ahead of myself with the blogs and have everything pre-written a couple of weeks in advance (like I used to) I've gotten to Sunday and realized I'd forgotten about Tuesday's book blog post! That means the original post for today has been bumped for a while and a quick, fun little tag has replaced it! Stayed tuned for next week where we have a pretty cool post seeing as this month's marks the 1 year anniversary of us starting Pages of the Hallows!


Have you ever re-gifted a book you've been given?
Mrs: Nope. I've given them to charity shops etc though.
Mr: No, I only give gifts to Mrs H and I only get them from her so why would I re-gift them back to her.

Have you ever said you've read a book when you haven't?
Mrs: I have not, no. I don't see the point in doing that because if you are asked anything about it, you can't answer and then you'll look extra stupid.
Mr: Maybe in school if we'd been assigned one to read.

Have you ever borrowed a book and not returned it?
Mrs: I don't think I have actually ever lent a book from anyone other than a library.
Mr: Probably from the library when I was a child.

Have you ever read a series out of order?
Mrs: Technically I read The Chronicles of Narnia 'out of order'. I read them in chronological order, whereas a lot of people like to read them in publication order.
Mr: In my opinion no I have not, but according to Mr H a lot of people think I read Narnia wrong

Have you ever spoiled a book for someone?
Mrs: If you wouldn't like it done to you, don't do it to someone else. I remember in high school when Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was published and a lot of us got it at the midnight release, someone ruined it for us. I didn't read mine overnight like many others, it took me a day or two, but there were people who didn't necessarily understand why it was a big deal to others and purposely went around telling people about a certain important death in the book...they thought it was hilarious. 
Mr: No I haven't but then again the only other person I know who reads is Mrs H and I wouldn't do that.

Have you ever dog-eared a book?
Mrs: Maybe as a child, but I would never do that now!
Mr: Yes but not for a long time, funny fact though I'm still reading the last book I Dog-Eared maybe I will finish it one day.

Have you ever told someone you don't own a book when you do?
Mrs: I see a running trend with my answers. No! I am not embarrassed by any of the books I own so wouldn't need to lie.
Mr: No why would I lie about having a book?

Have you ever told someone you haven't read a book when you have?
Mrs: See above haha. I don't read according to trends or really care what people think of my reading tastes.
Mr: No I have not.

Have you ever skipped a chapter or a section of a book?
Mrs: I actually don't think I have to be honest. Even as a child. Why bother, you could miss something important to the storyline or ruin the ending for yourself.
Mr: No why would anyone do that? It's just cheating yourself out of part of the book.

Have you ever bad-mouthed a book you actually liked?
Mrs: Once again, a final no! For all the reasons listed above. I have bad-mouthed popular books that most people like and I don't, but never a book I actually liked. Surely you would praise it to share it to other people?
Mr: No I usually like most of the books I read, and if I don't like it I says so Mrs H  doesn't waste her time reading it too.






No comments:

Post a Comment