Wednesday 1 September 2021

Life Lately - August

 



To start, here are all the blog posts I've published in August over my 2* blogs -


Underland to Wonderland - Right here!
Life Lately - July
Things My Dogs Says part 2
Birds of Berwick Riverside
5 Easy Eco Swaps

Adventures of the Hallows - My Photo Diary Blog!
I have taken daily photos since 2013 (2014 were weekly photos) and I share them each week in blog posts. Check out the past month's worth of posts below!
2021 Project 365 // Days 204 - 210
2021 Project 365 // Days 211 - 217
2021 Project 365 // Days 218 - 224
2021 Project 365 // Days 225 - 231
2021 Project 365 // Days 232 - 238

*Yes, this was 3 blogs. However, our couples book blog is taking a hiatus.             


And below is August's daily photo overview in calendar form. Many days have more than one photo so make sure to visit the posts above to see all the photos!

---


---

Our daily photos are usually a pretty good representation of what goes on in our life throughout the month, but for the things they don't show see below...

Loving
Getting ready for Octoberween! It's funny because I prefer Spring/Summer when the plants are all alive and pretty, the weather is nice and the wildlife is all out and about, but October is my favourite month because it's so special to us.
My birthday is on the 12th (not that I enjoy that as much, it reminds me how old I am and how short of a time we have here), we first met in person on October 1st, our anniversary of being a couple is the 31st, we also got married on the 31st and obviously, the 31st is Halloween...which we evidently love. 
I know it's still a couple months away but I'm a planner and if people are already excited for holidays that are in December, we surely can be getting ready for October. 

Hating
This is always an iteration of the month before it seems.
Again it involves people and more specifically the terrifying, heartbreaking, depressing things currently going on in Afghanistan. I hate what our world is and the amount of evil in it. 
If you can help, check out these ways:
Save the Children
The International Rescue Committee
Afganaid
Gov.UK Help Refugees 
(Use this service to offer help to refugees in your local area from housing and fostering to donations.)

Feeling
Pretty much the same as usual.
Some days I'm more anxious and pessimistic, some days I'm more oblivious to all of that. 

Thinking
How insane it is that nobody seems to be as scared of the world as me?
With the rules completely gone and the British public being set loose again rates have gone crazy and the risks so much more. We have personally gotten even stricter, if possible considering we literally go nowhere at all and do nothing. I just can't get my head around why no one cares anymore.
The vaccine does not mean you are safe. No one is 100% safe. 

Reading
The Jumbie God's Revenge by Tracey Baptiste
The Magic Misfits: The Second Story by Neil Patrick Harris
The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart

Watching
Modern Family S3-6
RPDR All Stars S6
Boy Meets World S2-3
King of Queens S4
AGT S16
Fantasia 2000
The Emperor's New Groove
Cruella 2021
Cheaper by the Dozen
Cheaper by the Dozen 2

Doing More
DIY!

Doing Less
Being outside.

Stand Out Moments
Getting the guineas new set up
Exploring Twizell Castle with Mam
Baker's 9th Birthday
Lots of pretty birds and wildlife visiting us
The girls' cat shelf going up and being used



This year I also started yet another new project, alongside my daily photos, 1 second of video each day. See below for August's video!





No comments:

Post a Comment