Wednesday 2 March 2022

Life Lately - February

  


To start, here are all the blog posts I've published in December over my 2 blogs -

Underland to Wonderland - Right here!
Adventures of the Hallows - My Photo Diary Blog!
I have taken daily photos since 2013 (2014 were weekly photos) and I share them each week in blog posts.
 Check out the past month's worth of posts below!
2022 Project 365 // Days 29 - 35
2022 Project 365 // Days 36 - 42
2022 Project 365 // Days 43 - 49
2022 Project 365 // Days 50 - 56


And below is December's daily photo overview in calendar form. Many days have more than one photo so make sure to visit the posts above to see all the photos!


---

Our daily photos are usually a pretty good representation of what goes on in our life throughout the month, but for the things they don't show see below...

Loving
Buying/giving presents for Mr H's birthday!

Hating
Storms! I can cope with adverse weather, rain, even snow if necessary, but this wind is not my favourite at all. Our roof and fence are still damaged and being in a rental we can't exactly do anything more to get it sorted than wait. 

Feeling
Scared of the world. I'm always intimidated and scared of our planet because it's a super scary place. From horrible people to the strength and wrath of mother nature. These storms are horrible, the pandemic is still a huge worry for me and the devastating wars in other countries are so, so sad. 
I feel guilty for feeling so depressed about it all when I am lucky to live where and how I do and wish I could do more.
Now more than ever I wish I could escape to Oz or Narnia.

Thinking
About when/how/if I will ever make it back to Disneyland Paris. I returned as an adult in 2010. I then went back in 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2018. I was there for the 25th anniversary, I've seen multiple seasons and can't explain how the place soothes me - in multiple ways. I know a lot of people say it is their happy place, but it really is mine and my few days there are always the least stressful, happiest of my year.
This year it will be 2 years since our cancelled honeymoon and 4 years since I was there. 
I am beyond gutted to be missing the 30th anniversary and although I know it isn't exactly life or death, I'm worried about getting my hands on any of the merch I collect. 
More than anything I just want a holiday with my husband and to share the place I love most with the person I love most. 
Overall I am thinking about robbing a bank haha.
(Obviously, this is a joke...just in case that doesn't translate well via text and I know how selfish this all sounds considering the current world climate.)

Reading
The Letter, the Witch and the Ring by John Bellairs
Eragon's Guide to Alagaësia by Christopher Paolini
A Storm of Sisters by Michelle Harrison
Tales from the Hinterland by Melissa Albert
Nightbooks by J A White

= 1215 pages

Watching
2 Broke Girls S3-6
Gilmore Girls S1
Little Miss Sunshine
The Treasure Seekers
Billy Elliot
Five Children and It 1991
The Grand Budapest Hotel 
The Return of the Psammead 1993
The Phoenix and the Carpet 1997

Doing More
Getting outside and technically being in public. I have gone into one small family run reptile shop to buy stuff for our reptile babies and we went for a day out at Whitby where I had to pass people in the street and not have a full-on meltdown. 

Doing Less
Bloody workouts! I've been terrible this month. I feel like I just have no time...and that's without working a normal full-time job like other people. 

Stand Out Moments
- Mam and Dad visited
- A walk along the Pier
- More storms and roof damage...
- Our first ever day away together to Whitby
- Mr H's Birthday
- Releasing our rescue pigeon Rhea!

This year I also started yet another new project, alongside my daily photos, 1 second of video each day. See below for our February's video!




No comments:

Post a Comment