Friday 19 January 2024

The Jigsaws of 2023

 


I've always enjoyed jigsaws, but it's only been the past 6 or so years that I've gotten more into them and they've become yet another thing I collect. They are a relaxing activity that is one of the only things that can focus my mind away from other thoughts. Even reading can't do that and I often feel my eyes drifting across the page reading the words physically while my brain has zoned out to something else entirely, so having something that can keep both my brain and hands busy is wonderful!

Not only that but my other hobbies and passions also bleed into jigsaws and I can enjoy them all at the same time with wildlife-themed art, Disney imagery and more. In 2023 I think I did more jigsaws throughout the year than I have ever done in one year, and as I photographed them all for my Project 365 (Adventures of The Hallows ) I thought I'd compile them and share them all in one post here!

January 6th
500-piece Otter House - Seabirds. Artwork by Madeleine Floyd


February 8th
1000-piece The Gifted Stationary Company - The Scotland Family Jigsaw. Artwork by Kate Davis, Kerry Ingham and Steven Prosser.



February 21st
500-piece Ravensburger - Circle of Colours, Animals. Artwork by Bethan Janine.



February 27th
1000-piece Clementoni - Story Maps, Disney 101 Dalmatians.


 June 27th
1000-piece Ten Hundred - The Last Supper. Artwork by Ten Hundred.


October 20th
500-piece Ravensburger - Black Cat and Raven. Artwork by Linda M. Jones.



October 27th 
1000-piece FX Schmid - Doors Open. Artwork by Colin Thompson.


November 14th
500-piece Mudpuppy - Animals A-Z.



November 22nd
500-piece Gibsons - There Is No Planet B. Artwork by Claire McElfatrick.



November 24th
1000-piece Clementoni - Story Maps, Disney Alice in Wonderland.



December 17th
1000-piece Otter House - Feathered Friends. Artwork by Richard McNeil.

---

So it would seem there were huge gaps in my jigsawing between February and June and then again until October. However, when I was doing jigsaws I tended to do them either back to back or quite close together. Some I timed and others I just did at a purposely slow pace, but all of them were very much enjoyed (except perhaps the last one until I'd reached halfway - it was hard!).
As I write this I've already completed one jigsaw for January and have a great stash of new and old ones to complete in 2024.

I hope I'm not missing any, but as far as I can see these are the 11 jigsaws I did in 2023.



No comments:

Post a Comment