Friday 19 June 2020

Hedley Hall Woods - Our 5k Walk for Saving the Survivors



At the start of the month, I published a post of photos from our first walk in 95 days and I stated in that how these types of posts are one of the things that this blog was all about. We still aren't going out often, so they won't be taking over my content, however, it has only been a couple of weeks between these posts. 
The last walk (see photos here) was on the 27th May and the photos I'm going to share today were taken on the 17th June, which probably wouldn't have even been as soon if it hadn't been for the reason we went out adventuring. I signed up to take part in a virtual 5k distance challenge to help raise awareness and funds for a fantastic organization Saving the Survivors. Please do check them out, follow them on social media and donate to them if you can. Here is the link for my Just Giving page if you would like to support me on my 5k efforts!

Now for the photos...


As you can see from the first photo, we headed to Hedley Hall Woods and of course to try and beat any possible crowds we got up at our usual 6am and got there for just before 7. The weather, as it has been for almost two weeks now, wasn't great...it was actually super foggy with soaking wet grass and the views turned spooky! Because of all of that, it was a whole load of different wildlife around than normal. Slugs were around in abundance, as we're crazy spider webs and although they could be heard, the birds were pretty much in hiding. A couple of exciting spotting included a deer for Mr H that I missed because I was too busy looking the opposite direction at some blackbirds haha - typical - and what we assume was a Juvenile Buzzard!
We also took the opportunity to take our monthly couples portrait while we were out. To do this I had to take a photo of Mr H and he of me, then use the wonderous world of photoshop to fuse the two together because I didn't have my tripod with me. It wasn't quite a coincidence that we visited Hedley Hall a day off of 1 exact year ago too where we also took that monthly couples portrait. Take a look here to see that and notice the crazy differences!

Before I go, I wanted to quickly mention the photo of the weird post that only had a random URL inscribed as it's explanation. I took the photo so that once we got home I could go to that website and see what it was all about. It isn't anything major, but I found it a really interesting idea. You can see what it says by going to http://post.ukuu.org.uk/ .

As always we loved being out in nature and had a lovely walk together. 
Until next time! 






No comments:

Post a Comment