Monday 1 August 2016

25 Facts About Baker


Baker, my baby/child/pet/dog/best friend is probably the most important thing in my life. I am with him more than anyone else and he has helped my wellbeing so much since we got him almost 4 years ago. He has featured on this blog a fair amount over those 4 years too but hasn't for a little while.
Therefore, I thought it'd be fun to do a little update on him for my own benefit, to look back on, and for anyone who might like to know more about him.
Here are 25 facts about my little man.


1 // He is terrified of spiders, bugs and flies. 
2 // Carrots and cucumber are his version of chocolate and crisps to me.
3 // 'Morning hugs' is our almost daily ritual after he gets up in the morning.
4 // Baker is very empathetic and knows if you are in pain, sad, in a bad mood etc.
5 // He cries equal amounts if not more than I do and when we got him we were told there was one of the litter that cries constantly. We got him. 
6 // If you have a camera out, he'll sit in front of you until you take his photo. 
7 // Along the same lines - he takes direction well and is a great model if I want to take certain photos.
8 // Baker has been attacked by multiple dogs on a few separate occasions and so now is scared of every dog he sees despite having previously loved playing with other dogs. 
9 // He knows all his toys by what they are. Eg. If you ask him to fetch Piglet, he'll bring you Piglet.
10 // If one of his toys is broken and you tell him, he gets really sad about it.


11 // When you ask if he's a pirate, he say's 'arrggg'.
12 // He loves to watch movies with me. Especially that have animals in! Horses are one of his faves.
13 // At 8.30pm sharp he tells you that he is ready to go to bed.
14 // Baker sleeps in a cage. It is not cruel or used as a punishment. He will NOT sleep overnight anywhere without being in his cage. It's his den/man cave and is like 2 sizes bigger than he needs.
15 // He has a big collection of his own Disney teddies, blankies and even bowls.
16 // Our jobs are worked around him. 
17 // His favourite toy changes weekly when you ask him which is his fave.
18 // Baker loves to swim & we live next to the river and sea, but can't go as often due to so many other dogs.
19 // Due to seasonal allergies, little man has baldy armpits and sensitive eyelids.
20 // He huffs. Like, a sigh, when he doesn't get what he wants.



21 // Dogs know on average 165 words, but Baker knows around 210 as of just now on a quick count.
22 // 'Trick' wise, he knows how to sit, lay, stay, come, jump, high 5, paw, kiss, rollover, hug, up, down, help, fetch, head down, wait, get it, please, thank you, sorry and probably something else I'm missing.
23 // I don't like when he has bad dreams so I wake him up.
24 // Earlier in the year I fainted in the shower and he roused me by crying and licking my face.
25 // He has SO many nicknames! B-man, Munchkin, Darwin, Charles, Charles Darwin, Charlie, Charlie Bucket, Charlie Chaplin, Baker-B, Little man, Baby man...and so on.


I could go on and on and on about my little guy but I'll stop there as I'm aware I sound like one of those obsessive mothers who post about every movement their child makes on Facebook ;)
As I usually do when I post about Charles, I like to try and have a new photo set to share but we've struggled to get anywhere nice enough without swarms of dogs being everywhere (you'll know why that's an issue if you read the post ;P). I managed these few on a recent walk which I'm not 100% happy with but he's in them so they'll do.
If you have any posts all about your pet/s, pop the link in the comments - I'd love to read :)



25 comments:

  1. I loved reading this! Baker is so photogenic and these photos of him are wonderful and he sounds like such a great dog! I love how he seems to share your love for Disney and knows what certain characters are if you ask him to bring his toy! I've actually scheduled a post about my pets for later today, not sure what time as I have no access to wifi at the moment to get on my laptop and I don't like blogging on my phone but keep your eye open for it!

    http://www.livinginagoldenafternoon.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He is the absolute love of my life <3
      Oh awesome, I'll have to go have a look now!! :D I know what you mean about blogging via phone..I dunno why it even exists, it's practically impossible.

      xo

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful, intelligent, sensitive creature Baker is. Reading this reminds me why I 100% prefer dogs to people..well, most people anyway haha.

    So sad to read that he used to enjoy playing with other dogs but now won't because he's been attacked D: xx

    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. He really is! Oh heck yeah! People say that you'd go crazy with no human interaction but I know for certain I'd be 100% fine to live in the middle of nowhere with only Baker.

      Yeah, it's not nice. It makes going out with him very stressful as not all owners are respectful. We hope to adopt a brother for him when he's a little older to try and build his confidence a little.

      xo

      Delete
  3. Oh yes! I've been waiting for this post!

    He's one smart cookie! I can also imagine him huffing every time he doesn't get his own way.

    I actually think crate training is a good idea, especially if you have to take your dog somewhere new, it's good that he has his own man cave to make him feel safe and comfortable. It's also great if you want to travel with them, they are already comfortable with the small spaces.

    You know I love B Man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'm glad you like him. He likes you too, even if he does bark at you on webcam lol.
      It really is. It'd the best thing we've ever done with him. Wish we'd done it from day one but he was still under a year when we got it.

      xo

      Delete
  4. He is so sweet. Cages are fab for dogs, I don't see them as a punishment. Festus loved his cage when he was a puppy. Now we have a fabric cage for the car and he feels better in the cage than outside, as he can relax there without looking through the windows constantly.
    I think dogs that are living closely with humans and that are involved in everyday life learn more. Festus knows a lot of words too.

    I left a link on a post I wrote about my dog: 5 Ways Our Dog Has Changed Our Life, I hope you'll like it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They really are but I've had a few people call me cruel for not just letting him sleep in our bed. He won't even if we try to make him! He wants his little den.
      Yes definitely. It's just like children, you have to interact with them and stimulate them to get the most out of them.

      I loved your post - the photos were all so cute and I agree with every point :)

      xo

      Delete
  5. Aww this was so incredibly cute to read!! You make me want a dog soo badly but I can't due to allergies! Darn you and your adorable dog!! :)

    Renee | Life After Lux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wouldn't suggest one with a new baby either haha, double the work! Bless you, is it just dogs you're allergic to? I am allergic to cats!

      xo

      Delete
  6. This was the sweetest post to read Danielle and it's so clear to see the amazing bond you have with Baker and these photos of him are gorgeous! I love the last one with the tiny little penguin on the wall next to him too. He seems like such a smart dog as well and the fact he roused you after you fainted just goes to show how amazing he is. Such a lovely post to read today! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3
      I dunno what those little penguins are about but there are a few dotted all over town and we don't have much graffiti really. They are quite lovely.
      Glad you enjoyed this :)

      xo

      Delete
    2. Of course! I love anytime you've got more Baker on your blog :D

      Delete
  7. I genuinely loves reading this is made my day :) your dog is absolutely adorable and I loved these facts :) there's a fact post about Molly on my blog but it's so old now I think I may write a new one :D love this very much :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Rachel! That's so kind of you.
      Oh yes, do another :P There's never too much pet talk.

      xo

      Delete
  8. Awww he is amazing! I loved reading this, he is so clever, and caring.
    What a perfect little guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Sarah! Obviously I'm bias so it's nice to hear someone else call him clever haha

      xo

      Delete
  9. Not only a handsome face then! Baker sounds like quite the clever chap! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post and I love reading about Baker as he's so adorable.

    Fiona xxWishes, Hopes and Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona! I'm surprised how many people enjoyed it lol.

      xo

      Delete
  11. He's gorgeous and these facts are so cute! He seems such a well trained dog from this list!
    Rachel // Rachel Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much!! We have tried to raise him well ;)

      xo

      Delete
  12. Aw he is so clever and gorgeous!! I love how he loves getting his photo taken, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes! He's the biggest poser. I'm not complaining though ;)

      xo

      Delete