Friday 3 February 2017

Disneyland Paris 2016 // Day 1, Part 2


Following on from part 1 (give it a read before you carry on, here), after we left Frontierland, we had a dawdle over to Fantasyland to grab some lunch. This was the only day we planned to do this as, like always, we had our half board meal plan and would fill up at breakfast to last us until dinner in the evening. Obviously today we were running on very little sleep and had not eaten since the dreadful McDonalds escapade the night before - literally only chips and ice cream too - so splashed some of the spending money cash on food. I hate spending money on food.
Like everything else, where we went to eat wasn't just randomly chosen by chance but had been picked beforehand to make sure there were options for us. Mam and I had pizza. Oh, it was at Pizzeria Bella Notte by the way and I will have a separate, more in-depth review post of it at some point this year.
From there we hit up It's A Small World, for my first ride since 2010(!!) as it was closed for refurb on our previous visit. That refurb evidentially made a big difference and it was absolutely stunning!! There was no wait whatsoever and we got to walk right on, which is always awesome! I took a lot of photos too, enough probably to do a whole post just on them, so had to narrow it down significantly to share here.

I'm sure as we came out of It's a Small World, a parade had just started so we popped over to dance and cry at that (well maybe that was just me), before heading over to queue for the ever-awesome Peter Pan's Flight. Again, this has recently been refurbished and looked fantastic!! 5 days really isn't long enough for a DLP holiday as both of these we'd hoped to do again later in our trip but didn't get the chance to - hence having no photos or footage from them, boo.
Anyway, because it was winter and the sun goes to bed early, it ended up being pretty much dark when we got out of our last ride. We'd planned to head up Main Street, watch the lighting of the Christmas Tree and then get to Cape Cod restaurant at Newport Bay for our dinner reservation...which is exactly what we did. It was okay but overall I don't find the Christmas additions at Disneyland anything to write home about. The best bit was probably that my favourite song of all time was played!
Cape Cod wasn't our first choice either, however, the place we had hoped to eat ended up having earlier closing hours and as Kerri and Kris had been upgraded to NBC hotel we thought we'd give it a go. You'd think by its name it would be primarily fish but luckily there was plenty to eat and after we'd had our fill, we headed around the lake back to our hotel to retire for the night.

And that was day 1! Remember to check out the first part of this day by clicking here, feel free to follow so you don't miss the rest of my DLP 2016 posts by clicking here and tell me your go-to ride that you must do when you first get to Disneyland Paris, in the comments!

14 comments:

  1. I love your Disneyland Paris posts! I felt weirdly emotional watching the parades too haha. It soundds like you had a great time.

    My go-to ride is now firmly the tea cups haha, they're so cute and I just love being a big kid for the day.

    http://fourcatsplusus.co.uk - Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ah yeah, I cry through my whole holiday pretty much haha.
      Great choice!! The teacups are always fun :)

      xi

      Delete
  2. That pizza looks yummy - I love the pizza boxes too. I'd have kept one of the pizza boxes (or at least the lid! Haha) Wow, the It's A Small World ride really has changed since I last went on it (oh, ten odd years ago now!) x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was okay, nothing special though lol! Not even Mickey shaped as I was expecting. :/
      Gorgeous isn't?! The refurbs have made a great difference in keeping it classic but bringing it up to date if you get what I mean.

      xo

      Delete
  3. This might be the silliest thing ever, but the pizza boxes are so darn cute! I love the detailing there, it just looks so magical and cute, and I know I say that each time, but it's true. I love the castle all lit up too, and the scenes from It's a Small World, what a cute ride! The Christmas decorations look lovely too. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think everyone agrees with that!I like the yellow :)
      There are still another 4 days to go and 2 parts for each so lots ore details to come! I didn't take many photos of the castle this time and took that one while walking so the low shutter is why it's blurry :/ gutted about that. It's a Small World will never get old, such a classic.

      xo

      Delete
  4. Love your Disneyland posts so much!! Makes me feel happy looking at your photos. I never got to experience It's a Small World so I hope I get to at some point! Peter Pan's Flight is one of my favourites <3

    Renee | Life After Lux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Oh I bet Lux would LOVE It's a Small World too, I hope you get to go soon! Isn't it brilliant? Ours has just been repainted etc so was looking extra magical!

      xo

      Delete
  5. I LOVED It's A Small World and Peter Pan! Day one was a damn good day!

    It's awesome seeing the trip through your eyes, I don't even know when you took half of these photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw did you?! I never know whether normal adults would find the more 'children oriented' rides fun or not.

      Likewise! It's crazy how many different shots we got.

      xo

      Delete
  6. I always cry at the parades too!
    Your pictures are wonderful - glad you had a great second day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand how people don't cry the whole time lol.
      Thank you!! This was actually still our first day so still another 4 (but 8+ posts) to go!

      xo

      Delete
  7. Hi, just found your blog and wondering how your vegans friends got on with the food there? We've just booked 4 days in April and my other half is vegan and I don't want her stressing too much about things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty well!! I have a blog post all about Vegan and Vegetarian eating at DLP but my main advice would be to stick to buffets! You can get a good fill of some pretty good stuff even if it's not your usual vast range of choices. Because the buffets are pretty expensive I would 100% recommend the half board meal plan if you haven't already gone for it.
      It is possible to find things like salads and pastas in some quick/counter service restaurants too but buffets are for sure best. They ate at Pizzeria Belle Notte, Cape Cod, La Cantina (I think) and Hunters Grill. We also looked into Agrabah Cafè and Restaurant des Stars as they tend to have great vegan choices however they were closed the hours we wanted to go due to it being in winter.
      Don't stress too much, you will survive!! haha
      Check out http://www.underlandtowonderland.com/2016/03/vegetarian-and-vegan-eating-at.html for more info :)

      xo

      Delete