Friday 17 February 2017

Disneyland Paris 2016 // What I Bought


Looking back to my 2014 DLP blog posts, it seems that I left my 'What I Bought' post to the very end of my series of posts. That is not being replicated this time around. Obviously. I have so many photos to go through and posts to write as well as them being more spaced out than my 2014/15 ones were, and this was quite an easy way to ease into the editing process. Not only that but I wanted to get some of it put away/ put into use so this post has been completed since the end of December :)


So during my Countdown to Disney mini-series of posts before our trip, I wrote a little shopping list and I am very lucky, happy and everything in between to say I managed to get 99% of the stuff I had hoped for. 
A couple of points I have to note, though: Prices have vastly increased since 2014. Like, a lot. Things I'd bought last time for one price were on average €5 more! It was craziness. Secondly, the clothing lines were very disappointing. I guess it's just fashion in general right now but I usually love everything in the Disney Fashion store, but this time it was either weirdly cut, impractical stuff or really inappropriate (non-Disney!!!) stuff like Mickey grabbing his bits and Minnie flashing her pants on the front of crews. :O Lastly, Christmas merch takes over. There is a huge decrease in choice of normal merch lines which is a bit meh. Long story short those are the reasons I only got one item of clothing (well 2 with the hat) and no homeware really.
Phew, that was a long-winded ramble eh?


As you can see I got four pins, despite not being a pin collector haha. I always get a 'year' one and a hotel one for each visit but as it was in December all the year pins were gone for 2016 with 2017 replacing them already which is just weird to me, so I settled for the Eiffel tower spinner and obviously a Sequoia Lodge one for our hotel! The other two are the Walt Disney Studios park pin as we did the tour and I wanted something to remember it by and the famous Tomorrowland pin that I have wanted since like May 2015 ;)
The rest of it speaks for itself I think and I love it all.
Oh, the last image is of Baker's gifts by the way - a new blanket, baby Dory soft toy and a new Chip and Dale mat for his bowls that he got in 2014.
That's it, for now, guys! Feel free to have a peek at my Disneyland Paris 2014 // What I Bought post and catch up with the rest of my DLP 2016 posts so far by clicking here!


12 comments:

  1. Great buys! I love that frame. It's adorable! I'm actually quite shocked about the inappropriate disney clothes! You wouldn't think they would even sell items like that in such a family friendly place!

    Renee | Life After Lux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I know right?! I couldn't believe it. They'd be pretty nice sweatshirts if it weren't for the poses. :/

      xo

      Delete
  2. Such a shame that the prices have risen so much! Still, you got some pretty great things. I love the mat and blanky for Baker - was he pleased with his presents? x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know eh? I'm lucky to have had birthday and Christmas money! Thank you :) Yes, he's always excited for any gifts but especially Disney ones!

      xo

      Delete
  3. Omg these are fab! I love this haul :D Love the Oswald plush and the hat, super cute!

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Isn't he beautiful. I was over the moon because he's a fave and you don't see much Oswald merch.

      xo

      Delete
  4. You got some realy cute stuff! I love the poster art set, some gorgeous pictures in there! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I love them, old style Disney art is the best. I wish I could hang them up but it'll have to wait until we finally move...whenever that is lol

      xo

      Delete
  5. Ahhh, I can't believe I almost missed this post, I'm so sorry Danielle - this week has been crazy. I am going to catch up with your other posts soon too, it's just been manic today, but I love your Oswald plush, that is adorable! Love the pins you got too, I can't resist buying those whenever I visit somewhere new. Lovely photos and haul from DP! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna ban you from saying sorry haha! :P Don't worry about it! They aren't going anywhere anyway :)
      Thanks so much. I am over the moon with the stuff I got. Hope you're alright. Give me a shout if you need anything.

      xo

      Delete
  6. Wow you got some amazing stuff! I know what you mean, when we went it was very Christmassy.

    http://amyevans.blog - Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, not bad if you're super into Xmas I guess lol.

      xo

      Delete