Friday 27 October 2017

The Outlaw King Came to Town


I love my little town and often blog about it, but in case you don't know I am from the beautiful, historical town, based on the east coast of the very border of England and Scotland - Berwick Upon Tweed. We have a rich history and many attractions that draw tourists in such as our 'walls', bridges and ruins. However, in my whole life, I have never known a sight like this...


...especially 2 minutes from my front door.
From around the 29th of September to the 10th of October we were transported back to the 14th century when actors, horses and crew alike began work shooting for the upcoming Netflix movie, Outlaw King starring Chris Pine as Robert the Bruce. And yes, Chris Pine was here. As was Stephen Dillane - aka Stannis Baratheon - playing the role of Edward I, and of course many others.
Photos weren't meant to be allowed and I didn't want to be that person, however, it's just typical that loads of people got super good photos without getting told off. It was still super cool to see in person, as I passed it all multiple times a day on my way to work and it drew a lot of crowds from locals watching all of the goings-on. A huge thing for our little town and I can't wait to try and spot our little old bridge in the final movie.

Has anything like this happened where you live? We also had a few tiny bits filmed here for The Railway Man a few years ago but nowhere near this scale.



8 comments:

  1. Aww, this must have been so exciting. I will look for the movie, sounds like something I would love seeing. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one to watch out for, something super up my street...no pun intended.

      xo

      Delete
  2. I’m a teeny bit envious of you right now. I’d quite like Chris Pine to be on my doorstep too! In all seriousness though this is incredible! I would love for something of this scale to happen in my city! I adore everything about film, including the production so would love to see filming live in action! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I didn't see him personally but my Mam did and all of the people who stood watching. I'm not a huge fan or anything but it was still cool to have such 'big' actors here.
      Yeah I'm a film fan so that aspect was pretty exciting.

      xo

      Delete
  3. I wouldn’t of been able to stop watching what was happening if this happened on my doorstep.You live in such a lovely town,id be snapping photos up every opportunity!Did you get chance to talk to any crew,i wonder when itll be on netflix,i watch all the historical dramas on there.Recent history dramas ive watched have been the last kingdom,vikings,reign,the tudors,king arthur.Vikings isn’t on netflix but you can watch it on showbox x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha there were a lot of people who stood around most of the time, but between work I just didn't want to be annoying or in the way while they were trying to work.
      According to online sources it's meant to be a 2018 release but IMDB is yet to confirm. If it is next year it will be the very end as the obviously are still filming and have yet to enter post-production so I think it's more likely to be 2019.

      I love a historical drama too, mainly movies though, I'm not a big tv series watcher. How did you find King Arthur? (The Guy Ritchie one??) I'm yet to see it unfortunately.

      xo

      Delete
  4. What an exciting thing to happen! It is very pretty were you live though, perfect for filming I imagine! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cool eh?! Apparently the crew ere loving it, said it's a gorgeous place.

      xo

      Delete