Wednesday 1 November 2017

Disneyland Paris 2017 - Part 4


It seems at this point photo-taking started to go out of the window somewhat. Around midday, we hopped on over to the other park to check off the few things on our list that we wanted to do, before our lunch/dinner (linner?) reservation at Restaurant des Stars at 2.30. We had hoped to eat around 4 but the only slots were either super early or a lot later and, as we 1) had other plans & 2) aren't the type who eat meals in the late evening, so we settled for that time.
As I think I probably mentioned in a previous post, I had just visited in December but Laura hadn't been since a short school trips years ago, so I made a list of must-dos in the short time we had. Here's some of what we got up to in the Walt Disney Studios Park.


We didn't quite expect to do any character meets in WDS but we spotted Tigger and Eeyore with a tiny queue right by Art of Animation so we had to grab a sneaky hug. Then we popped round to check the times for Mickey and the Magician, squeezed in a go on Cars Quatre Roues Rallye (always a good laugh), had a good cry at the show and headed round to Ratatouille. Single rider on this ride is a 'Godsend'! A 5-minute wait as opposed to a 50+ min wait - yes please! We even ended up in the same rat which was an extra plus.
I finally had the time and guts to step up and ride Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop, which was okay. I love hights but I'm not the biggest fan of the dropping sensation but it was way better than Tower of Terror.
Something I haven't bothered with since 2010 is Armageddon, though seeing as we were early for our meal reservation and it was starting we thought what the heck and to tell you the truth I actually enjoyed it. With a bit of an expansion, this could be super cool. After doing the WDS tour back in December it reiterates what this park is meant to be all about - the behind the scenes and making of the movies.
Once we came out of that attraction it was time to eat and be disappointed...so much so I apparently took no photos at all for a proper review...oops!


Until next time check out the previous posts in this series:
Disneyland Paris 2017 - Part 3
Disneyland Paris 2017 - Part 2
Disneyland Paris 2017 - Part 1
Character Meet and Greets
Disney Stars on Parade pt.1 
Disney Stars on Parade pt.2 

6 comments:

  1. I don't think I've been to the Walt Disney Studios Park - it looks like a great experience, though. Glad you had fun, for the most part. Shame about the disappointing meal, though :( x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't?! I love it or should I say, I loved it. They are changing it a lot just now...closing good attractions and changing others to Marcel etc. Big shame. Gutted about the meal too, worst I've had at Disney to be honest. Never mind!

      xo

      Delete
    2. Where did you? :( I'm gutted as well that they are changing the Studios don't get me wrong I love Marvel but I would rather they expand the park than change the rides that make it what it is.

      Delete
    3. Well exactly. I don't mind Marvel but on it's own. It's a branch that has been bought and doesn't relate to the 'Disney brand' in my eyes. They have so much land they could easily open a 3rd park just for Marvel & Star Wars.

      xo

      Delete
  2. Haha I feel a bit mean laughing about this but we took my little one to Armageddon when she had just turned four (we didn't really know what it was but as there were no height restrictions or anything telling us otherwise, assumed it would be perfectly reasonable to take such a youngster)... poor little lamb had no idea what was going on and was TERRIFIED!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha there were at least 3 kids that happened to when we were on! You can't help but laugh...does that make me evil? :P

      xo

      Delete