Tuesday 3 March 2020

Walt Disney Company Book Collection


It's been a while! Well, yeah in general, but also since we shared any of our collections within our overall collection. The last one I personally talked about was the Harry Potter & The Wizarding World Book Collection which was apparently way back in November!! The thing is most of our collections change pretty regularly so that one is more than likely slightly out of date and I know for certain that Mr H's Tolkien collection has changed a lot since he posted it.

Today I'm finally getting around to writing about my Disney book collection. Just as I said in my Wizarding World post, I was sure there was more to my collection than it ended up looking once I took my photos, it's possible that I've missed a little chunk somewhere, but I've still spent a lot building the collection and love everything I have...obviously!



There are multiple categories of books within my Disney book collection, so that coupled with the fact they come in all shapes and sizes too means they are housed in different locations over the house.
The books in the images above live on the top shelve of our cabinet in the living room. They are main novel/story/book of the movie books. I have all of the Twisted Tales that are currently available in paperback (though I do still need to put them into chronological order), alongside the Serena Valentino fan fictions (which - spoiler alert - I hate) and a random one of Mr H's Marvel novels. My favorites in this section is definitely the Tales from the Haunted Mansion series!


Then we go upstairs to the bedroom! We have one small bookcase in there that is mainly used for books that are too big elsewhere or overflow from downstairs. The bottom shelve has a mix of things going on: a handful of what I call 'special' books from the 1970s - 1990s, art books, biographies and a couple of stray book of the movie books!
There is also the extra special Disneyland Paris A to Z book that was released for the 25th Anniversary that stays stored away.


Lastly we make the journey back down the stairs to the living room and the second shelve on the small bookcase (that also has the Tolkien collection and some of the Potter stuff on it). These are purely collecting books, as in I don't read them. The rainbow books are from the Wonderful World of Reading series published between the 1970s-1990s also. Then we have a newer collection that are technically meant as children's books, but I just really enjoy the artwork so I hoard them.

And that is it!

Periodically we'll find a WWoR book in a charity shop or a new Twisted Tales will be released but really this is a slower growing collection than the likes of Tolkien where multiple copies of the same title are bought in different covers or editions. I look forward to see what 2020 does to this collection...!










No comments:

Post a Comment