Wednesday 8 December 2021

Berwick Fishermans Haven Beach




November 9th.
Fishermans Haven Beach, Berwick Upon Tweed.

(Or at least that's what I'm calling it. Because according to Google maps the unused, not super accessible, smaller 'beach' around the coast to the North is actually Fishmans Haven and this one is just labelled as 'Beach at Berwick Holiday Park' which doesn't sound like a correct name, but articles call this one Fishermans Haven. Who knows?! I've never called any of the beaches in my home town by their actual name.)

On the day in question, I was in town to pick my parents up as my Dad had a hospital appointment down near where I live the next day. While here I had to take the opportunity to get a bird hunting, beach visit in. My bird hunting obviously only involves shooting with a camera by the way, just in case you are new here!

My Mam joined me and we were lucky to have the cove to ourselves for the majority of our time until some people with dogs arrived and let them chase all the birds away. I'm lucky to have a dog who does not chase other animals but it makes me wish more people would train their dogs rather than encourage that behaviour. 
Anyway, until then we got to see many beautiful sea birds, including one who has recently been added to the UK Red List.

The species we saw were:
Herring Gull ❤️
Grey Heron  ๐Ÿ’š
Oystercatcher  ๐Ÿงก
Curlew ❤️
Carrion Crow ๐Ÿ’š
Redshank ๐Ÿงก
Rock Pipit ๐Ÿ’š

I hope you enjoy these photos!

























No comments:

Post a Comment