Wednesday 20 April 2022

What I Read Last Quarter // January - March

 



It's been a while since I've talked about books! The last post on our joint book blog was the 4th of June 2021 and the last book related post since merging that and this blog was in January, My Goodreads Year in Books 2021.
I like to keep track of things and have a record for my own memories I guess so I thought I'd keep up with the 'What I Read Last Quarter' posts for this year! It woukld therefore make sense to start at the begining and so below is what I read from Januray throughout March.


January
Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle #4) by Christopher Paolini ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

- 860 pages

One book. Yes, only one, but a big one and one I needed to get it done. With the previous book in this series I took a break in the middle and read something else alongside it, but this time I read nothing else until it was finished. It took me exactly 31 days, the whole of January, but I'm glad I managed it. 
As you can tell from the 5 stars I love this book and the rest of The Inheritance Cycle. In a way, I wish it had been an 8 book series rather than 4 purely because I personally find such huge books slightly daunting, not to mention difficult to hold for my weak wrists, especially while reading in bed haha!



February 
The Letter, the Witch and the Ring (Lewis Barnavelt #3) by John Bellairs ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Eragon's Guide to Alagaësia (The Inheritance Cycle #guide) by Christopher Paolini ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
A Storm of Sisters (A Pinch of Magic #4) by Michelle Harrison ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Tales from the Hinterland (The Hazel Wood) by Melissa Albert ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

- 895 pages

Stepping it up with what I'll call three and a half books haha. The 3 books above pages total the same as the one book I read in January! It was another good month full of 4 and 5 stars though and even the little Inheritance Cycle tie-in was really cool! I may seem like a child in saying so, but the lift up flaps, tactile patches and other interactive pieces are always a big hit with me.


March 
Nightbooks by J.A. White ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Book of Beasts by E. Nesbit ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Cockatoucan by E. Nesbit ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Ice Dragon by E. Nesbit ⭐️⭐️⭐️
The Town in the Library by E. Nesbit ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
The Magic Misfits: The Fourth Suit (The Magic Misfits #4) by Neil Patrick Harris ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
The Bird Singers by Eve Wersocki Morris ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials #3) by Philip Pullman ⭐️⭐️

- 1616 pages

Woah! 8 books?! Where did that come from?! Okay well again technically four of them aren't full-size books. I'm a big fan of E Nesbit and found these gorgeous clothbound short stories from the 1980s on eBay and couldn't help myself. They were lovely little books to read through over 15-30minutes.
The big letdown of the month was another last-in-the-series book I had to push through - The Amber Spyglass. I don't get it at all. As the series went on the books got worse and this one just seemed to be so disjointed from the rest of the story. I know they are well-loved and overall it's a cool concept, but I guess it just wasn't quite for me. That being said I do also have The Book of Dust books to read at some point too...
Not to end this on a negative, I'll just say that The Bird Singers by Eve Wersocki Morris was wonderful and I highly recommend it!

-----

There we have it. 3 months, 13 books and 3,371 pages. I set myself a low goal of 35 books for this year but as I write this I am over 40% done so I'm hopeful that I can get through a good chunk of my always growing TBR shelf. 

What have you been reading recently?
Until next time...!


No comments:

Post a Comment