Monday 10 January 2022

My Goodreads Year in Books 2021

 


Oooh, I think this is actually my first book focused post on here since the merge! So way back when at the original start of this blog, I spoke about books and stuff but over the past couple of years, I actually had a dedicated blog for just book-talk. In September 2019, when I re-entered the blogisphere after my break, I didn't return to Underland to Wonderland right away and instead created 'Pages of the Hallows' with my husband. However, after getting back up and running here, having my daily photo blog and with Mr H working so much the book blog got pushed to the side. I still wanted to have those posts and be able to blog about books but all in one place, so I have merged the two blogs. You can look back in the archives here and see all the cool posts we published over on Pages of the Hallows.

Anyway, that long story over, here is my 2021 Goodreads Year in Books!





If you follow along with my monthly 'Life Lately' posts, you'll have seen that I read 10 books in December alone! I was running behind on my goal for the year so seeing as I had finished my Zoology course, completed all running challenges etc and had a little extra time I cracked down on the reading. It meant that I ended up surpassing my goal (even if only by two books)!
In 2020 I read the most books I've read in a year at 62. For that reason, I set 2021's goal at 52 thinking that one book per week was more than doable... It definitely is, however studying and working out, caring for 10 animals, running two blogs, taking and editing a photo and video every single day and all the other usual tasks mean I have to be more intentional with reading time.
We always read every single night in bed before going to sleep - without fail! It was sure a big effect on reading time not having to drive as far or wait for Mr H after work the latter part of this year though.
That all being said and taking into account that I have two more diploma courses, alongside small workshop courses with Cats Protection and my volunteer job on top of everything from last year I have set my goal lower at 35. I may check in here every now and again with how it's going now that the blogs have merged.

What have you been reading lately?

Previous Years Goal vs Actual Amount Read.
2021 goal 52 - actual 54.
2020 goal 36 - actual 62.
2019 goal 19 - actual 27.
2018 goal 26 - actual 31.
2017 goal 10 - actual 43.

Check out my previous year's Goodreads Reviews:
Mrs' Goodreads Year in Books 2019
Mrs' Goodreads Year in Books 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment