Wednesday 16 November 2022

Our Signed Book Collection

 


This is a post I've wanted to do for a while, but with many other books on pre-order, I kept putting it off.
We won't be* buying many if any, new books for a while so I thought now that the last signed edition has arrived and as it has been about a month since my last book related post it was the perfect time to gather the books together and 'take stock' of sorts!

I am a collector. Of many things. But we loved to collect books and I especially find signed books extra special. To think that the person who spent so much love, time, and effort in writing that book also took the time to sign it by hand feels really cool to me and so I don't just buy signed editions from authors I already love but from new-to-me authors of books I love the look of. 

The signed books in our collection have come from a few different places, regrettably many from Waterstones - the less we talk about them just now the better! However, there are also books that have come from Forbidden Planet, Fox Lane Books, Forum Books, one came from a charity shop and we didn't know it was signed until Mr H read it and finally, I actually won War of the Wind by Victoria Williamson on Twitter!

*...well, we'll be trying not to...












I am gutted to say that I am yet to read 16 of the 32 that are mine (there are 36 in total though 4 are not my cup of tea and are Mr H's books. All of the books are 'our' books however there are some that are more my taste and some more to his). I am so excited to get around to all of them, if only I had more hours in the day to read more.
I've taken close-up photos of some of the more special or cool signatures but I'd also like to mention a short list of some of my favorites out of those I've read so far.
Including:
The Secret of Haven Point by Lisette Auton - One of my favorite books of the year! Check out this post here to read why.
Rumaysa and Rumaysa Ever After by Radiya Hafiza - Completely magical books bringing to life classic fairytales with an empowering, Muslim girl as their lead. LOVE!! 
The Lost Whale by Hannah Gold - I adored The Last Bear and I found this just as heartbreakingly beautiful and poignant. 
Finally, of course, I adore all of the Ransom Riggs books.


So yeah, that is our current signed book collection as of 2022! 
Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment