Wednesday 23 June 2021

My Paranormal Life - The Beginning / Childhood Experiences

 



Something that I rarely discuss with anyone is my 'connection' to the paranormal. I know it's an opinionated area for many, hence the reason for not ever really saying much about it, so if you think it's a load of hooey then you can skip this post. 
I have had many experiences throughout my life and in this post, I want to share three main experiences that I can remember from my early years and childhood.


*

To get into it all we may as well start at the beginning which I sadly cannot remember - but my Mam does. She remembers specifically me having conversations with someone in the corner of my bedroom. Of course, my parents couldn't see anything and didn't think it was something like an 'imaginary friend' or whatnot. When asked I replied that it was a little boy I was talking to! I think my Mam said she was a little freaked out at first, but I was evidently not phased by him and so was left to my little friendship. 
At some point, I was bought a china doll named Daniella (the closest to Danielle you can get I suppose) but I did not like her and told my Mam that her eyes scared me. According to Mam, I would hide her away in the cupboard where the little boy usually was and every time that my Mam returned her to the shelf, I would put her back there. Maybe the little boy was keeping me safe from her freaky-ness haha!

---

The next experience I'm going to talk about is actually the first I can fully remember from my own mind. I would have been 6 as this happened in November of 1996 and I know that because it was the night before a particular family event. 
As some pretext, my Mam's Aunty, Aunt Lena, had been very poorly with cancer for a long while. As my Mam helped with her care, I often went too and so saw a lot of her. On the night in question, I was laying in bed getting ready to go to sleep when I was startled by the sight of my Aunt Lena. She appeared by the wall that was from the exterior of the house, walked straight past the bottom of my bed looking forward and disappeared through the adjoining wall which led into my parent's room. She was wearing her usual long white nightgown and her signature big, grey, short, curly wig and holding a red dog lead in her hand - the lead of her beloved dog Toby. After a short few moments, I remember burying my head under the covers and eventually falling asleep.
However, in the morning I came downstairs to find my Mam crying on the phone. When she came off I found out it had been the call to let us know that Aunt Lena had passed the previous night. 

---

Lastly, or at least for this post anyway, was a strange sighting while out on a bike ride in the country with my friend. I'm not sure on age, but I'd hazard a guess at around 10-12 as it was during Middle School (Our Middle Schools were age Years 5-8). I'd been on a sleepover with my friend who lived further out of town in a small village and we were bike riding on the country roads during a warm summer day. We stopped at the side of the road where there was a small layby shaped area, home to some locked metal gates that led onto a stretch of trees on either side, to have a drink of juice from our flasks when I spotted an old man. He was leaning his back and one foot up against one of the trees on the left, a pipe in hand and a dog at his feet. He raised his hand to wave and seeing as my friend lived out this way I asked her, 'Do you know him?'. When I turned back to look again he had gone...though there was nowhere he could have gone so quickly as everything was open and in sight. 
Back at her house, her Dad explained he had also experienced a very similar thing in the same spot years previously.


*


That brings us to the end of the first part of this series. I am well aware the majority of people out there won't believe me, will have explanations for everything or might even think I'm crazy. You are more than entitled to those opinions, but please respect that these moments in this post and the posts to come are all very real to me and you cannot imagine what other people see, hear, feel or believe. 
The people who matter believe my experiences to be real and have also had their own. Feel free to leave your own stories in the comments if you have too...
Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment