Friday 28 April 2023

Mull of Galloway - Part 1

 

About a month away from our return to the Rhinns of Galloway, I have finally had the chance/made time to edit more of the photos from our little holiday there last August (2022). I think at this point I have to be at least halfway through all of the photos but goodness knows because Hi, I'm Danielle and I'm snap happy! I took so many photos at Scotland's most Southernly point, Mull of Galloway, that I'm having to split them into multiple blog posts. 
Mull of Galloway is obviously on the southern point of the Rhinns of Galloway peninsula and boasts spectacular views from all perspectives with visibility of Cumbria, The Isle of Man and Northern Ireland, a beautiful just-shy-of 200-year-old Lighthouse (more on that in part 2) and abundant wildlife. 
It is one of my favourite places I've ever been and I appreciate those who work so hard to keep the natural landscape safe and thriving.
See below for photos that do not do justice to this gem of a location!

The first two blog posts in this series can be found here:
Bruce's Stone, Loch Trool
North Rhinns Camping, Stranraer





Photo 1: Looking North from the car park across the road we travelled on.
Photo 2: Toward the West and Northern Ireland
Photo 3: Looking South West and extended views of NI.









[ Above 2 images show the view to the East.]








...And right here is where I am going to cap the photos for today. There are still lots more of our walk around Mull of Galloway but I think it's nice to break it down and appreciate the beauty of the area in sections. 
As you'll be able to tell these photos start in the car park and upon entering the circular trail we took a left. We enjoyed the views, spotted a Stonechat, a juvenile Stonechat and a Thrush eating a Banded Snail, and all in such perfect weather it seemed unreal.

One of the main things that affects our enjoyment of days out with Baker is other members of the public. I've mentioned it many times on this blog but Baker is a nervous, reactive dog who does not want the attention of anyone but us and will happily walk along in peace as long as there is no risk of strangers approaching. Places like Mull of Galloway where nature and wildlife are protected and dogs must be on leads are perfect for us. We can safely enjoy a relaxing walk as a family which means so much considering it is such a rare occurrence. 
Baker has grown up around wildlife, sat at my feet while photographed wild baby bunnies or lain quietly as we watched birds. To be able to take him on a holiday like this for his 10th birthday was anxiety-inducing but it turned out so much better than could have even been expected.

Part 2 coming soon.
Until next time....



No comments:

Post a Comment