Friday 10 November 2017

Halloween Evening at Beamish - Part 1


What a night! I love Halloween, it's my favourite season (yes, it's a season okay) but being an anti-social non-drinker who is scared of people and has very few friends isn't the best way to find ways to celebrate. SO. This year when I noticed that Beamish, a place I've been going to and loving since I was a small child, had their Halloween evening tickets on sale I got in touch with my oldest friend and thankfully she was up for it.
We did a lot of planning for both our costumes and our itinerary for the night and that coupled with the fantastic entertainment and wonderful staff Beamish had in store for us, made for the best night out I have had in many years.
Sadly, my camera that I take everywhere was suffering from a broken auto-focus so I decided to take disposable cameras. Below is a mixture of those and some of the photos Claire thankfully got on her phone, from the first part of the night.


If you've never heard of Beamish, I guess you aren't from the North East because it's a pretty well known open-air, living museum in County Durham and I would live there if it were possible.
As you might see from the photos, I decided to go as what I am actually am in real life - a maid - well kind of, I sourced my pieces to fit in with the period of Beamish and Claire was a super spooky corpse bride. We actually even went as far as to have backstories of how we died and I'd coughed up my lungs due to all the nasty chemicals I was exposed to in my job haha. It was so cool and funny to have a few other visitors think I worked there and asked me questions, while other people were shocked and disgusted that I had blood in my mouth...I did have to prove to a couple that it was mouth safe edible blood and I wasn't that crazy to use the normal fake blood!

I want to just give a quick rundown of what we got up to during the first part of our evening as this is getting longer than expected. So here it goes: we rode the bus to the pit village, got a tarot reading, listened to the wonderful violinist, watched the fire performer, visited the ponies, witnessed a hanging, I held a stunning albino corn snake, we made hag stones, danced to an awesome samba band then hopped onto the tram into town which you will see photos of in part 2!

So much fun!! What did you get up to this Halloween? I'd love to see photos so make sure to leave me the link to any blog posts in the comments below.



8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this looks like a really fun night out! I love your costume, too :) x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing. The best thing I've done in a long time. Thank you! I was super happy with it haha.

      xo

      Delete
  2. I love your costume!! And the creepy vibe of, what I assume to be, the disposable camera pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I didn't want to take it off haha. They didn't all come out, as expected, but I'm pretty happy with those that did. Nice memories.

      xo

      Delete
  3. I love your costume, you look fab! Sounds like you had a very productive evening! You're so brave holding that snake haha. I also love the photography in this post too :D

    VioletDaffodils

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much!! It was so good and the snake was lovely! Bless my friend for taking the photo as shes petrified of snakes.

      xo

      Delete
  4. You look great, and this looks like such a fun way to spend Halloween! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was the best time, can't wait for next year!

      xo

      Delete