Monday 14 October 2019

20 Questions Book Tag


As this is a new blog we thought we would take the opportunity to stick in a tag post. They are fun, quick and share more information about our reading styles in an easy going format. Plus that way we don't use the all of our good content at once! This first tag we decided to do is 20 question book tag we found randomly on YouTube and we would love to hear what you think or leave a link to your similar posts in the comments.


How many books are too many for a series?
Mr: The more the merrier!
Mrs: I think you have to cut it off at 10 max, though it also depends on the lengths of the books too. For the record, the best series' have 7...


How do you feel about cliff-hangers?
Mr: I like them. It makes me excited for the next book.
Mrs: Annoyed.


Hardcover or Paperback?
Mr: Hardback.
Mrs: Hardback for the collection, paperback to actually read.


Favourite book?
Mr: The Lord of the Rings.
Mrs: That is impossible to answer. I really love The Horse and his boy from the Chronicles of Narnia, The Invention of Hugo Cabaret and The Complete Sherlock Holmes collection to name a few.


Least favourite book?
Mr: That's a hard question...probably The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Mrs: According to my Goodreads some of my lowest rated reads are Phantastes by George MacDonald, Great Expectations and The Beast Within by Serena Valentino.


Love triangles: yes or no?
Mr: No.
Mrs: I don't really read things with love/relationships/soppy stuff anyway.


The most recent book you couldn't finish?
Mr: Probably The Silmarillion, even though I have read it in the past, I couldn't get through it last time.
Mrs: Fun fact, I don't DNF anything! I force myself to read things even if I hate them, just like with movies. I have really struggled to get through Wyrd Sisters by Terry Prachett though! The no chapter, run on layout made it really difficult for me.


A book you're currently reading?
Mr: The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss.
Mrs: A Wind in the Door by Madeleine L'Engle.


Last book you recommended to someone?
Mr: The Wheel of Time.
Mrs: I'm forever recommending all of the Narnia and Oz series to people who have only read 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' and 'The Wizard of Oz' but other than those The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce.


Oldest book you've read, by publication date?
Mr: Probably The Hobbit, I think.
Mrs: Either something by Edgar Allen Poe or the Hans Christian Andersen fairy tales both or which will be late 1820s early 1830s...I think!


Newest book you've read by publication date?
Mr: The 15:17 to Paris by Alek Skarlatos published 23th August 2016.
Mrs: Memento Mori (Tales from the Haunted Mansion #4) by Amicus Arcane published 16th July 2019.


Favourite author?
Mr: J. R. R. Tolkien
Mrs: Probably Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, yay!


Buying books or borrowing books?
Mr: Buying.
Mrs: Buying. Especially preloved books.


A book you dislike that everyone seems to love?
Mr: Hunger Games/Divergent.
Mrs: Most Shakespeare, Dickens and some other classics. I think they're overrated and people only like them because of the names and fame tied to them. I don't mind Macbeth but other than that...meh.


Bookmarks or dogears?
MrBookmarks.
Mrs: Bookmarks!! Do not fold pages or break spines please!


A book you can always re-read?
Mr: The Hobbit.
Mrs: Cliche, Harry Potter. I've read the series at least 5 times fully, maybe up to 10. It's helped me get out of reading slumps when I've had readers block and all.


Can you read while listening to music?
Mr: No, I like to read in the quiet.
Mrs: I can't do anything while reading except reading.


One POV or multiple?
Mr: Either - I enjoy both!
Mrs: As long as there aren't a silly amount and they are separated well, I have no preference really.


Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days?
Mr: Multiple days.
Mrs: Hahaha next joke! In one sitting?! I think the last time I did that was when the Deathly Hallows came out. I was 16.


An author, book or series you have pre-judged/have no interest in?
Mr: Well I would have said Stephen King...but as you can see from Our October TBR post I'm going to read The Gun Slinger so that may change my opinion I guess!
Mrs: Without even reading it I know I dislike the typical Twilight, Hunger Games, Vampire Diaries stuff. I can't even get past the blurbs. I'm not interested in the plots and as petty as it sounds I don't like the covers either.



💀 Mr & Mrs Hallow 💀



No comments:

Post a Comment