Monday 21 October 2019

October Book Un-Haul


An un-haul? We're getting rid of books? Nooooo!!!
Usually we wouldn't bat an eye lid at packing a bag and shipping it off down to the charity shop but seeing as this seems to actually be a thing now, we thought why not show you what books we're getting rid of and why. Until we decided to do this post I didn't think we actually had that many in the 'donate' pile'...we have a couple though...and some of them may seem a little weird...



Lauren Luke by Lauren Luke [Paperback – 1 Oct 2009]
This is a make up instruction book from a YouTuber. Totally, 100% not me at all. However, I got this when it came out purely because Lauren is from Newcastle and I had to support a local gal. It's going because I just don't use it and haven't really. I have always done my make up however I want without any tutorial etc so don't need it really I suppose.

Nothing Feels Good: Punk Rock, Teenagers, and Emo by Andy Greenwald [Paperback – 15 Nov 2003]
Maybe partial read, but for sure nothing I've ever read in it's entirety. I bought it when I was an early teen and into certain bands, which apparently lead me to this and the following book. Funnily, I'm pretty sure that these two books were some of my first ever Amazon purchases. They no longer have a place in our primarily fiction collection. 

Everybody Hurts: An Essential Guide to Emo Culture by Trevor Kelley [Paperback – 24 Apr 2007]
Similar sitch to the book above honestly, however when I bought it I didn't fully expect it to be what it is. Not a fan and not needed by us!


Mome 20 : Fall 2010 by Eric Reynolds [Paperback – 24 Nov 2010]
Mr H got this because he liked the look of it and it was different from other comic book style things he'd read before, but after he'd had a flick through decided it wasn't for him.


A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin [x2]
The thing when you have two readers coming together and combining your collections is you're going to have duplicates. We both have copies of this book in different covers and we're actually getting rid of both so that we can replace them with the cover that matches the rest of the collection we have. 

The Rescuers Down Under, Disney's Wonderful World of Reading [Hardback 1993]
It seems to be quite easy to buy repeats of books when you collect larger series' and don't have a photographic memory. I try to keep an up to date photo on my phone of specific collections to stop this happening but my bad!

Grimm's Fairy Tales (Children's Classics series) by The Brothers Grimm [Paperback – 31 Jan 1996]
As above...

The Railway Children (Puffin Classics) by E. Nesbit [Paperback – 26 May 1994]
As above again!



The Psychopath Inside: A Neuroscientist's Personal Journey Into the Dark Side of the Brain by James Fallon [Paperback – 20 Nov 2014]
Only purchased last year, this seems such a waste of money now. I bought it new while considering going back to school for psychology  and haven't even opened it up. Now it feels far too serious for me in my recent frame of mind.

Walt Disney: Dreams Really Do Come True! by Jason Liller [Paperback – 1 Mar 2013]
Urgh, this one I'm so annoyed about. When I ordered it from Amazon I was expecting a proper book...Not this.

The Two Pound Tram by William Newton [Paperback – 1 Nov 2004]
The story behind this one is a little funny. We had a pile of books in a little indie book store that we handed over to pay for. When we got home this was also in our bag so we assume it was on the bottom of one of the numerous piles stacked around the register and we either inadvertently paid for another book or accidently stole it. Oops.

Tattoo by Earl Thompson [Paperback – 12 Aug 1977]
Mr H literally only bought this because of the title, due to his interest in Tattoos. Titles are deceiving...

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown [Paperback 01 Apr 2003]
I've had this for at least 14 years, tried to read it a few times back then and have just lost interest in trying. 

The One and Only Ivan by K. A. Applegate [2 February 2012]
Hands up, yes, I wanted this because I loved the cover but then the wrong cover came, I actually read the blurb and now I don't want it.


Getting rid of these few books will make much needed room on our shelves for a little while. A very little while. As you'll see Eos and Aurora were interested to get in on the action too so I had to include them here, especially when Aurora posed so nicely!
Do you get rid of any of your books? What do you do with them? Ours will be going to the charity shop for Farplace Animal Rescue. Pop by their website here.

💀 Mr & Mrs Hallow 💀



1 comment:

  1. Aw Eos & Aurora showing an interest in books too :D

    ReplyDelete