Monday 26 October 2020

(Even More) Vegan Meal Ideas

 
With only six weeks between my first two 'Easy Vegan Meal Ideas' posts, it's safe to say I lost either interest or motivation in making anything other than the same meals over and over or photographing anything different we did make, seeing as it has been over 4 months since the last post.
As with those other posts, these meals were made over a few weeks and were not consecutive meals. I know we have a chef in the house who is brilliant at bringing vegan adapted meals into our diet, however, everything below was actually made by me and therefore I can class them as 'easy' meal ideas seeing as I am not a chef or even a fan of cooking haha.

Check out my first 'Easy Vegan Meal Ideas' post here. And the following '(More) Easy Vegan Meal Ideas' post here.

[Note: Everything is vegan. It is also mostly Gluten Free but I only have a gluten aversion that sets off other health issues - I am not coeliac. Therefore if you are gluten intolerant, obviously alternatives can be substituted.]


Veggie Paella 
Made with paella rice, red peppers, peas, saffron threads, paprika, fresh garlic, onion, veg stock and fresh parsley.


Crispy Taco Cones
Made with wholewheat wraps, white rice, soy pieces, seasonings.
With oven chips and mushy peas.


Homemade Hash Browns
Made with grated potatoes, salt, herbs and fresh chives.


Mac and Cheeze
Made with gluten-free macaroni pasta, homemade vegan cheese sauce and homegrown chives.


Cheezy Chikin Quesadillas
Made with wholemeal mini tortilla wraps, soy pieces, orange pepper, vegan cheese and cajun seasoning.
With potatoes wedges and homegrown cucumber. 


Leek and Potato Soup with Bacon Sandwiches
Made with leeks, potatoes, onion, garlic, gluten-free vegetable stock cubes and parsley.
With gluten-free bread, dairy-free spread and Cheatin' vegan bacon.


Balti Curry with Nann Bread
Made with brown rice, frozen peas, fried potato cubes and store-bought curry sauce.


Gluten-Free, Giant, Gooey Chocolate Brownies
Homemade by Mr H

Something that I mentioned in the first of these posts was that I'm a pretty fussy eater. I always have been and eating out throughout my life has meant either choosing from the children's menu or eating just plain pasta or a plate of chips. Over the past 2 years of being with Mr H I have actually tried and added new things into my diet that I would never in a million years have thought about eating normally. That being said, there are still things I refuse to eat. A few of these things are very common in most vegan options you see in restaurants or even recipes - Cauliflower, Mushroom and Avocado for a start. Blurgh!! That's why although some of these meals may be a little more than just the basics, they to me are still basic, different, vegan meal ideas that are so easy to prepare and put together.

I will not tolerate the 'but what do vegans even eat?' or 'vegans only eat leaves and rabbit food'. Almost any meal can be made with Vegan alternatives!


No comments:

Post a Comment