Friday 9 July 2021

Little Beach, Berwick-Upon-Tweed

 


During June's 30 Days Wild mini-project (see here for blog posts/more info & photos > 30 Days Wild ) I was lucky enough to get up to Berwick to visit my parents and do a couple jobs for them. While there Dad and I managed to get out and over to one of my favourite beaches my hometown has, Little Beach. I didn't actually realize until this visit and the sign below telling me that it was named that. My whole life I have called it Pier Beach haha.
Thankfully this was the morning of the 15th, a Tuesday, and so kids were at school, people at work and holidaymakers limited. Plus, this is a less popular beach to begin with. I know people seem to feel completely safe outdoors, but I still wear my mask and stay as far as possible from other people so I was happy that it was very quiet despite the sun.








































Can you see why it's my favourite beach?! SO beautiful and lots of wildlife. During our hour-long visit, we saw Heron, Herring Gull, Black-Headed Gull, Rock Pipit, Sand Martin, Cormorant and some House Sparrows! I got to walk in the water, soak in all the sounds, smells and feelings of the coast and spend time with Dad.

Recently, a news article popped up on my feed that a Whale carcass had sadly washed up on this exact beach [read it here]! It's actually very common for Dolphins to be spotted off of this point, but to hear of a dead whale is surprising. I think with it being in the news, despite the plea to stay away, it will bring more people here and I only hope that people can be respectful and careful of this gorgeous place before and after the removal of the whale. 

I hope you enjoy these photos as much as I do. Thanks for stopping by.
Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment