Wednesday 24 November 2021

Our Samhain & Halloween [Bucket List Update]

 


It may be almost a month since the most wonderful time of the year passed, however, I still want to round up our Halloween month and check in on my bucket list for the month to see how we did. 
Originally, this post was scheduled for last Wednesday but I had other stuff going on so decided to miss a week. It's never a bad thing to string out Halloween for as long as possible though haha.
So here is the run down...



Ticking off the Bucket List:
Carve Pumpkins ✔️
Make Vegan Halloween Treats
Camp Inside ✔️
Visit Whitby
Do DIYs ✔️
Watch the 31 Movies ✔️
Try Candy Corn ✔️
Decorate ✔️
Read my Oct TBR ✔️
Sabrina Halloween Marathon ✔️
Do Tattoos
Have a Woodland Walk ✔️
Samhain Rituals ✔️

To check off 10 out of 13 things from my 'bucket list' is rather satisfying, especially considering I feel like I do nothing at all these days! 
I'll include a video above of our Jack 'O Lanterns for this year, we did set up the tent and have a camping-in-the-living room night earlier in the month when Mr H was off work, DIY wise I made some clay ghosts, painted a ceramic pumpkin and cleaned/arranged a bird skull we'd found months prior.
We may not have watched the exact 31 movies I listed in the previous post but we did watch 28 movies and 6 TV shows (including a Sabrina Halloween episode marathon!) which I will accept to tick two off! I got to finally try candy corn and I enjoyed it, I decorated, read 4 books and we had an awesome walk to Duddo Stone Circle as well as a rare trip to the beach with Baker - see his photos here.
Finally, we had a wonderful Samhain where we laid the table and had a filling, seasonal, comfort food dinner including a pumpkin soup Mr H made from the inners of our carved pumpkins! 






What We Watched:
Edward Scissorhands
R.L. Stine's Monsterville: Cabinet of Souls
Hocus Pocus
9
The Reaping
Twitches
Ghostbusters
Ghostbusters 2016
Twitches Too
The Others
The Witches
The Witches 2020
The Woman in Black
Behind the Attraction: Haunted Mansion
Toy Story of Terror
The Haunting
Disney's Lonesome Ghosts
Disney's Trick or Treat
Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire
The Haunted Mansion
The Ghosts of Buxley Hall
The Addams Family
Blackbeard's Ghost
Crimson Peak
The Watcher in the Woods
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Casper
Coco
--
Sabrina the Teenage Witch Halloween Episodes x7
The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror  Episodes x7
Most Haunted Misc Episodes x 4
Goosebumps S1
The Worst Witch S1
Broadmoor: A History of the Criminally Insane



What I Read:
Ghost Squad by Claribel A. Ortega
The House in the Woods by Yvette Fielding
The Company of Ghosts by Berlie Doherty
Ghostly Tales: Spine-Chilling Stories of the Victorian Age





To see a closer look at our actual day on Halloween aka our wedding anniversary, you can check out this post Photo An Hour - A Day in My Life [October 2021]. It was one of my best ever Halloweens and I look forward very much for next years celebration!

Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment