Monday 22 August 2022

Puffin Boat Trip to the Farne Islands - Part 2

 


If you haven't already caught the previous post to this three-parter, pop on over to Part 1 HERE!

In quick summary, back in early June (yes, almost three months ago now), Mr H and I went on a Puffin Boat Tour to the Farne Islands. What I forgot to mention in the previous post was that it was actually on World Oceans Day!! That happened to be a happy accident as I'd booked it a few weeks previous before even noticing the coincidence when planning for 30 Days Wild.
It was a super dull and rainy day which made photo-taking extremely challenging. Still, as the saying goes it was good weather for ducks* and it seems sea birds aren't opposed to it either. 
I'm going to leave this post primarily with images and will talk more about the wildlife we spotted in the last part coming on Wednesday. What I will say is, look closely at all the photos...especially ones that don't seem to have much going on, to begin with as you might spot some sneaky surprises (I know I did even when looking back on them again). 

* (In an unrelated tangent) Upon Googling 'Good weather for ducks', I've found out that it is an awful phrase which I will never use again. It is actually in reference to duck hunting as it is said the rain provides somewhat of a disguise for the hunters, therefore making it 'good for ducks' from the hunter's perspective. 
It goes without saying I am more than disgusted and against any type of animal murder so that phrase is now ruined for me haha.























For those who are not weird birdy people like me, I would be interested to hear how many different species of bird you can spot in all of these photos and what you think they are?
I know that Gulls, in general, get lumped together and therefore a bad rap but some of those featured here are my favourite birds and can actually be very interesting magical creatures!

Remember to pop on over and read more/see lots more photos in part one here > Puffin Boat Trip to the Farne Islands.
Keep an eye out for part 3 coming soon...
Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment