Friday 12 May 2023

Swimming at Terally Bay Beach, Rhinns of Galloway

 


Following on from my posts about the Mull of Galloway and continuing in the series of posts from our holiday last August, here is a shorter post of photos of beach fun.
I had specifically bought a wetsuit and water shoes in the hopes I'd have the opportunity to have a swim, especially with Baker, at some point during our trip. Thankfully on the way to the Mull of Galloway we spotted a few potential bays and stopped here at Terally Bay Beach on our way North again. 
It was deserted. Our own private bay! And of course, this was perfect for us because it meant that we (Baker particularly) could relax and enjoy our time without the worry of other dogs approaching etc.
Mr H didn't join in our water fun so instead had a play with my camera and so the majority of these photos were actually taken by him.
With it being so quiet it made you wonder if you were supposed to be there at all, but there were no signs to suggest the contrary and no information online. There were a couple of fishermen at the far North end of the bay too. Of course, we are always respectful and mindful of nature and wildlife wherever we go so fingers crossed we didn't overstep any boundaries. 


The first four blog posts in this series can be found here:











Click the image above to see full size!


It's difficult to get a good idea of how absolutely stunning this place was through photos. The water was crystal clear and even as I walked right out until I could no longer touch the bottom, I could still see the sea bed with barely anything other than just soft clean sand there. It was warm too and pretty calm - I was able to have a good swim just like you would in a pool.
However of course this was a much more magical experience than swimming in a pool! I had my best pal with me who was having the time of his life! Not only that but there were Gannets diving only a couple meters further out to sea than where I stood. I've seen Gannets feed before but never from so close and it was amazing. 

This day will be a day I remember for the rest of my life, the only thing that could have made it better would be if Mr H could have joined us in the sea. Perhaps next month...

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment