Friday 10 March 2017

Disneyland Paris 2016 // Day 2, Part 1


Looking back, I think day 2 of our trip was my favourite day. There was so much good despite two very, very bad things...that you will find out further on in this post haha. To me, the best days at Disneyland are jam-packed with as much as you can fit in as possible, an early start, a variety of activities and being there until the end!
Today was our first full day and we got up, had breakfast in Beaver Creek then headed out to meet Kerri and Kris to head over to the Disneyland Park for EMH. As we got in I spotted Donald! Seeing as our first day had no character meets at all I was itching to say Hi to some of my buddies so we queued, taking photos of the square as the stunning sun rose and got some nice snaps with The Duck in his snazzy Xmas outfit.
After that we had a quick peek in a couple stores at this end of Main Street before heading over to the Walt Disney Studios Park as it opened.


The Les Légendes d'Hollywood draws me in whenever I pass and so we spent a little time shopping in there before heading over to queue for Crush's Coaster. This, for me (I know I'm in the minority here), is the worst ride ever. I hated it. Mam and I also wasted our time queueing for it in 2014 too but left when we saw the warnings about back problems. However, we'd decided 'what the hey' this year and oh how we regretted that lol.
With considerably sore throats and wobbly legs, it was off to some better rides lol - Les Tapis Volants (Flying Carpets Over Agrabah) and Cars Quatre Roues Rallye (Cars Race Rally) which always makes me laugh so much. We timed it so that as we got off Cars it would be time to wait for Mickey and the Magician and while in the 'holding pen' ate our bread dinner. This was obviously my first time seeing the show and as much as I'll always miss Animagique, it really was beautiful. I was blown away at the Lion King bit after having seen the stage show the year before and shed plenty of tears at that.
As we had something booked for the afternoon there was time for one more ride. Something I'd planned to try since my visit in 2010, the Tower of Terror, and as you'll probably guess from my face in the photo, it was the other worst moment of the day haha. I detested it and have no idea how people find that fun...but I guess I can at least say we did it eh?

I'm gonna leave this part here as we then walked through Studio 1 to our appointment, stopping only to enjoy the band as I always do!

Check out previous posts from this trip here -
Disneyland Paris 2016 // Christmas Decor
Day 1, Part 1
Day 1, Part 2
What I Bought
Sequoia Lodge Hotel Review



10 comments:

  1. Tower of Terror sounds like something I'd enjoy! Haha. This post is making me want to go back to Disneyland Paris again soon! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Really?! I thought it wouldn't be too bad as I LOVE heights and stuff but you don't even really notice that, it's just the drop feeling. It does it over and over and I was just over it! lol
      I think you should go at the start of May :)

      xo

      Delete
  2. haha I went on the tower of terror ride a few years ago and it was AWFUL! I know some people love that sort of thing, but its just not for me! I'm a massive wimp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I'm glad someone agrees lol. I'll stick to Casey Jr being my 'thrill ride' lol.

      xo

      Delete
  3. Ooh I'm not usually one for heights (though it's something I'm working on) but Tower of Terror looks awesome! I love that shot of all of you with Donald too, so cute! Love the sign from Finding Nemo too with the protect the ocean sign, so lovely to see things like that at the parks encouraging environmentalism! Lovely photos. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the opposite and love heights so it must have just been the drop that I didn't like haha. I dunno!
      Thank you :) It's fab eh? I'd love a poster print or something of that!

      Thank you xo

      Delete
  4. That sounds and looks so fun! My husband is actually going there in just under a month. I'd like to hear the band!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no way?! I hope he has fun!! The bands are some of my favorite things - I love them! Very talented people.

      xo

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photographs! Sounds like such an amazing trip! I'd love to go to DLP one day :)

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm sure you'll make it soon. <3

      xo

      Delete