Friday 24 March 2017

Disneyland Paris 2016 // Day 2, Part 2



Before reading on, check out the start of our day 2, in my part 1 post here.

As I mentioned in the previous post (linked above, did you read it? I hope you did!) we had an 'appointment' in the afternoon! This was one of the most exciting things we had planned for this trip and it was actually a tour of the Walt Disney Studios Park. Yay!! We turned up early, like we always do, and our guide came out to meet us. It felt very special to be the only people in our 'group' so it was like a private tour just for us and she took the time to make it more tailored to us. I was crying before we even left the office and that continued for the majority of the tour lol.
I don't want to include any information, or much anyway, and limited photos so as not to ruin it in case anyone ever does the tour. However, we were told that it wasn't a popular choice and most people opt for the tour of the Disneyland Park instead, so it shouldn't ruin it much for too many.


The tour was everything I'd hoped and more! A lot of things I already knew, but other things - like Andy's footprint in Toy Story Playland and the amazing hidden Mickey on Les Tapis Volants that our guide was super excited about as she's only caught it on tours a couple times and so much more - were amazing to learn about. The whole point of the WDS park is that, just as DL park is about the movies themselves, it is all about behind the scenes and production of the movies which is where my heart lies and meant I was so glad I chose this tour out of the two.
After a slight run over on time (I wasn't complaining!) we parted ways with the lovely Camilla and headed to meet up with Kerri and Kris again before heading to Cinemagique. Who knew then that this would end up being my very last viewing of the amazing experience ever, as its closure was confirmed at the start of March 2017.
Our last move of the day was to park hop again and get a spot for the fireworks. It was extremely freezing and uncomfortable and so not worth it. I was pretty disappointed, after having hyped Dreams to Kerri and Kris, of how awful the Christmas Dreams was. Nevermind. We did it, headed to our hotel, ate at Hunters Grill together and then it was bedtime!

See you soon for Day 3!! Check out the rest of my DLP 2016 posts below!
Disneyland Paris 2016 // Christmas Decor
Day 1, Part 1
Day 1, Part 2
What I Bought
Sequoia Lodge Hotel Review 
Day 2, Part 1







12 comments:

  1. Stunning pictures Danielle. Glad you had fun! I definitely have to take my husband to DisneyLand Paris one day! :)

    Kelly xx
    www.theblossomtwins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh yes! I wish my OH would go. It must be so fun to experience Disney with your partner <3

      xo

      Delete
  2. Wow, I didn't even know you could bok tours of the parks - I bet that's pretty special!
    I'm sorry to hear they are closing Cinemagique though, I absolutely loved it on my last visit x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! They aren't well advertsied and after the start of this year their prices have literally doubled but there are 3 or 4? One of each park, one of the Tower of Terror and the VIP tours I think. Definitely more for adults who have a deep love of it all rather than littlies but very worth while for those it appeals to.
      I'm gutted. It's getting replaced by something bloomin' Marvel so Marvel and Star Wars are starting to take over everything while SO many actual Disney movies don't get a look in. I wish they'd built an extra mini park just for SW & Marvel as they have plenty land but I guess it's down to money and needing to appeal to more people asap :/

      xo

      Delete
  3. The tour sounds so interesting!! I love watching "behind the scenes" bonuses on dvds so I think I would quite enjoy this. Can't wait to see day 3! :)

    Renee | Life After Lux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was brilliant! Me too haha :) Part 1 will be up on the 14th of April ;) lol

      xo

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing your trip on your blog, I love reading people's trip reports for Disney parks as everyone has such a different experiences! I'll never get bored of seeing that castle! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I know eh, best castle there is ;)

      xo

      Delete
  5. Awww, this is just so cool! I love the photo of you and Camilla as well, she sounded like a lovely tour guide and this whole experience must have been amazing. I would have been the same as well, I would have been so emotional walking through and seeing everything, and I can imagine it meant a lot to you. Stunning photos as always Danielle! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tasha! I just had to ask her before she left because it really was a huge highlight and meant a lot to do. I wish I could have just filmed the whole thing to remember haha.

      xo

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous photos! The tour sounds magical, I don't understand why it's not so popular? :( x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! They don't really advertise them. Plus people in general prefer the main Disneyland Park to the Walt Disney Studios!

      xo

      Delete