Friday 12 May 2017

Disneyland Paris 2016 // Character Meet & Greets


I adore a good character meet and greet. For me, they are one of the most special parts of my Disney trips. However, what with my social interaction issues, I much prefer 'fur' character meets to 'face' ones so that means there is usually a limited amount available to meet.
This trip, in particular, we were with friends who had never done Disney before and we didn't want to take up too much time with meets that they may not enjoy as much as us. That being said we were very lucky to get to enjoy the company of 6 characters over 5 meets, here are a couple photos from them.


We had so much fun and some really sweet meets - I especially loved my chat with Jack considering I'm not a huge fan of talking characters! I struggle with self-image a lot though, always have, and especially during this trip as I weighed 2 stone more than I have in my whole life..so I don't like how I look in any of these apart from maybe the ones with Jack. Even then I have edited some bits which I am not ashamed to say. There were loads more that Kerri took, as well as those from the photo pass but these are the best of a bad bunch when you have a face like mine haha.
They are memories after all. I am so thankful to have them.

Check out the rest of my DLP 2016 posts below!
Christmas Decor
Day 1, Part 1
Day 1, Part 2
What I Bought
Sequoia Lodge Hotel Review 
Day 2, Part 1
Day 2, Part 2
Bistrot Chez Rémy Review
Day 3, Part 1
Day 3, Part 2 
Day 3, Part 3



12 comments:

  1. I know when you're not happy with how you look you never believe it when a person says this (I'm the worst for this!), but GIRL! You look awesome! Also, I think your mum and I have the same hat! 😂 Is she wearing the one with the two pom poms like Mickey's ears? If so she has incredible taste in hats! 😁 Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, that's kind! Thanks. My last trip this May I was a bit happier as I've lost a bit of weight since then so I like those photos more. Hopefully next time I'll feel even better lol.
      Yes! It is! Mickey pointed it out haha. She's lost it since then though and is gutted! Not that we'll be back in winter though...haha

      xo

      Delete
  2. Aww these are all so cute!
    I'm quite disappointed in myself for not doing ANY character meets while we were in Disney! Hopefully I'll get the chance to go again!

    Renee | Life After Lux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      None at all :O Sacrilege haha Yes! I'd LOVE to see you and Lux meeting characters - they would be cute photos!

      xo

      Delete
  3. Awww Danielle! I'm sorry you don't think you look good here but I think you look lovely, happy and glowing! You can definitely see the park brings out your joy and I love how happy and smiley you are in these. The ones with Jack are definitely my favourites, he's one of my favourite characters and I love the fact they interact with you. I've watched a few videos on YouTube of people having conversations with Jack and I love it. An adorable post! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always extra kind to me - thank you Tasha! As long as I look happy, that's the main thing :)
      He was fab. I always love meeting him and he was our last meet of the trip after Kerri and Kris had gone home unfortunately. We were the very first people in the queue too which was extra fun.
      <3

      xo

      Delete
  4. This photos are the cutest, I love how happy you all look! I'm currently planning my next trip to Disneyland and these photos make me all the more excited.
    ...and BTW, you're beautiful and you've got the sweetest smile EVER!

    Sarah x
    seethestars.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Happiest Place on Earth isn't a lie ;)
      Eeek exciting! Planning is one of the best parts of the whole trip for me lol.
      Oh you are extremely kind. I am extremely self conscious about my wonky teeth so am not a fan of my smile, but thank you!

      xo

      Delete
  5. Aw you look like you're having so much fun in these photos, I met Jack before and loved it. Probably my fav meet and greet. On our recent trip we didn't do any which is sad. For what it's worth I thought you looked lovely!

    Amy - http://amyevans.blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always do. I think my best meet and greets ever have been with Stitch, Minnie and Mickey...but Jack is up there too.
      Oh no! I hope you do next time. I always make time to do at least a couple. Our recent trip in May we only got to do 6 meets but we were only there 2 days... Ah thanks, that's super kind of you.

      xo

      Delete
  6. Aw, what are you on about, you look ADORABLE! :D
    I loved meeting Jack, he's one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete