Monday 27 April 2020

Meet the Pets - Baker


Throughout the history of this blog, I have introduced around 4 of my many previous pets (I think) and when I left in 2018 I was Mama to one. Now, only 2 years later, in 2020, I am Mama to 10!! I plan to use this mini-series of posts to introduce our blended brood to you and how could I do anything except but start with an update of our beautiful Baker boy.

Baker has been by my side since he was a mere 6 weeks old, this August past he turned 7! Many of my old readers will be familiar with this guy because not only is he my best friend and partner in crime, he also featured heavily on this blog over the years. We take fewer adventures these days but I take no fewer photos.

Just like anyone who grows up, my boy has changed a lot from Puppy to Old Man. Everything from his tastes in food, to his tolerance of people and his energy level to his favourite things to play. He's definitely no less intelligent - that is for sure! His understanding is on another level and he still performs a whole host of tricks. Originally Baker loved going for walks too, playing with other dogs and exploring but now after being attacked on no fewer than 5 times he has lost his patience with other dogs and rubbish owners, his adventurous spirit replaced with anxiety.

You'd never know though! When it comes to people he is familiar with he loves them a lot! Whether it's talking on the phone or webcam or visiting/having them visit, this boy adores his Granny and Granda! His best friend changes daily...from his Mammy to his Daddy, just like his favourite toy changes every couple weeks or so. Unless there is a new toy in town because this boy is materialistic when it comes to new toys and presents!


A little bio and some quick facts about Baker
Breed: Border Collie Lurcher Cross
Gender: Very feminine male

Age: 7 years 8 months
Birthday: August 26th
Temperament: Anxious

Loves
Balloons
Sitting on Laps
Presents
The Guinea Pigs
Naptime/Bedtime
Tiny Toys
Crying for No Reason
Beamish
Piggy in the Middle
Rolling Around

Hates
Baths
Spiders/Flies
Going in the Car
Cats
People Passing Our Gate
Late Nights
Interrupted Routine
His Nails Touched/Cut/Talked About
Loud Noises
Everyone Being Separate


In May 2018, when I ended this blog, Baker and I had a big life change and we moved back in with my parents. It was expected to be for a long while - indefinitely. We didn't expect to have Mr H come into our lives, though...!
In February 2019 Mr H and I moved into a flat in Gateshead together with his 6 animals. That meant a difficult decision for me because I had to leave him behind with his Granny and Granda. We went up often to visit and had wonderful explorations.
Thankfully, in June 2019 we moved into our 3 bedroom, 2 garden little home meaning Baker could finally join the family and have his own bedroom as usual. He now has 9 siblings, 2 of which he has never met, 5 who he doesn't care about at all and 2 (the Piggies) who he is obsessed with!

Since moving to our current home, Baker has had 10 months of life filled with love and fun despite being unable to go for walks. As I mentioned earlier after the 5th time he was attacked he fully gave up on other dogs meaning walks were not only stressful, anxiety-inducing and unfun for me but for him too. He has been to visit Beamish, a favourite with all of us, a couple of times as any dogs there must be on a lead so we feel safe. He has rode the steam engines, visited the animals and had his picnic dinner there and we can't wait to go back again once it re-opens!

Don't think he misses out on fun and exercise though. His absolute favourite thing is bouncing about the living room with a balloon. He also enjoys playing piggy in the middle with his Daddy and I and running circles in the front garden when he gets to go out there. Other than that he can be found sunbathing on the decking in the back garden, rolling about with his tiny dinosaurs or taking his daily siesta in his bedroom.

Baker may be getting old but he has an amazing life. Hopefully for a lot longer.








No comments:

Post a Comment