Thursday 16 April 2020

Return to Wonderland


I don't even know how to start this. It has been over 8 years since this blog began and almost 2 years exactly since I gave it up. Like most people who have been blogging as long as I (12 years in total over previous sites), you never imagine the day you will be done; always thinking you will do it forever. This was never a career path for me, as it seems to be for so many, but a genuine hobby, outlet, therapy and way to connect. My very first blogs were started to share my life with family and friends and that they have primarily remained, however, when you do share so much sometimes that can backfire.


In 2011 I deleted my first main blog when my life went through a big change.
In 2012 I opened Blogger again and created what was at that time called 'Once Upon A Time They Lived Happily Ever After'.
In 2018 I deleted the aforementioned (then known as Underland to Wonderland) when my life went through another big change.
And now in 2020 rather than let so many years worth of work go to waste, I have resurrected that blog, in the aim of continuing sharing my life journey from 'Underland' to 'Wonderland'. 


Sadly, out of pure determination that I would never blog again, I didn't just revert all my posts to drafts and set the blog to private, but I deleted the Google+ account that was linked to it which in turn wiped every single image ever uploaded here; if you were a reader, you know that was many hundred - if not many thousand - photos.
That being said it wasn't as easy as to just re-publish posts and turn the permission back to 'public'.
As I write this I have re-posted 90 posts, deleted many others and still have over 800 to go through. Not all of those will survive but this time I didn't want to begin with a blank slate, I wanted to remember some of the good memories I have documented over the years.


For this post, I feel a little update is in order! A lot has happened in the past two years indeed!!

I moved house another 3 times. 
I met my best friend and married him on Halloween 2019.
We chose a new name together and officially changed it.
I gained 6 pets from our union and we rescued another 3 together.
We both became fully vegan.
I changed jobs and then had to leave it, so now have none.
We started a 3rd blog, Pages of the Hallows.
I started again and completed another year of daily photos.
We've had many adventures together.
We booked our Honeymoon for October 2020.
and we have faced many hard times over a short space of time too.


It feels like so much longer than only two years, but then again it feels like it has been no time at all. 10 pets, a husband, a new home gained is insane compared to where I was when we left off...but I guess we have plenty time to catch up. There will be lots more to come about all of them and the next new post uploaded will be all about our upcoming Honeymoon, well, you know, if it actually gets to go ahead.

If you are a returning friend from years past - thank you for stopping by. I hope you are all doing well.
If you are new here - My name is Danielle and I'm glad you stopped by.
Thanks from reading See ya real soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment