Tuesday 26 May 2020

Top 10 Quick Reads


With everything going on and the way the world is right now, a lot of people have more time on their hands...which means people have more time to read! Now as we all know sometimes it's not that easy to just pick up a book and get right into it. Then again some people just prefer quicker reads.
Today we thought we would share with you some of our favourite books that have helped ease us out of a reading slump or that we just couldn't put down and whizzed through, to hopefully give you some reading inspiration.


Mrs H's Picks.

A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
Most people will be familiar with these books in some way, whether it be reading the actual books, with the Jim Carey movie or the more recent series on Netflix starring the brilliant Neil Patrick Harris. The books are definitely a great easy to follow, quick read way to get you into a story in easy bites. 

The Twisted Tree by Rachel Burge
One of the best books I've read this year, The Twisted Tree gets you hooked pretty fast meaning I didn't want to put it down and completed it in only a couple sittings.

The Doomspell by Cliff McNish
You can never go wrong with a good fantasy and I think this is a little underrated gem.

The Land of Oz by L Frank Baum
I couldn't just pick one of these to share because any of the 14 L. Frank Baum stories from the land of Oz fits the bill. Classics, fantastical, and relatively short, I think these (like most books to be fair) are able to be enjoyed by all ages.

Tales from the Haunted Mansion by Amicus Arcane
There are currently 4 books in this collection. I bought the first one a couple months after it was released and have pre-ordered each sequel since, if that isn't evidence enough that these are super fun and enjoyable I don't know what is. 



Mr H's Picks

The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss
I choose this book because I love the author's other works, This book is a great little read with one character and an amazingly descriptive world which will get you turning page after page.

The Firework Maker's Daughter by Philip Pullman
I read this book in one sitting!! The first and probably last time I will ever get to say that.

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
I went into this book thinking it's going to be great all about fairy and dwarfs etc however, it is a bit more on the sci-fi side of what I normally read. That did not bother me great story even if the best thing about this book for me was one of the support characters!

Alice in Wonderland by T.T. Sutherland
Probably an unpopular opinion but the reason I enjoyed this book so much is because I had already seen the movie, but maybe that's just because I love the quirkiness of the movies.

The Chronicles of Narnia by C S Lewis
I've recently read this whole series I found it great how so a big world and so much can happen in such short books I thoroughly enjoyed this whole series and can see why they are or of  Mrs H's all-time favourites!




Well there you have it 10 quick/easy reads have you read any of them? Do you have any suggestions for quick reads?






No comments:

Post a Comment