Monday 13 July 2020

Beamish Open Air Museum - 2019 Part 1


For non-North East natives or people who don't do museums etc, Beamish Museum is a (world-famous) open-air museum based near Stanley, County Durham and tells the story of the history of life in the North East. There are multiple different locations to explore over the approximate 350 acres that show rural and urban life from the early 1800s to the early 1900s. There's so much more to Beamish Museum than I will write here because I want this post to predominantly feature visuals.

I have been visiting Beamish since I was a child, that is at least 20 years. Over the years I've gone with a school trip, family, friends and more recently my dog and husband. It's been wonderful to introduce my best friend and partner to a place I love so much, that considering the close proximity he had lived to Beamish he had never been to before. Last year, in particular, I got to spend time at the museum around 8 separate occasions and obviously I had my camera each time.
Today I want to share a chunk of those photos before we finally get to visit this year when it re-opens at the end of this month!


Isn't it a beautiful place? I would live there if I could! All of the animal friends, nature and wildlife, views, buildings, transport, everything. We are so lucky to have this on our doorstep and be reminded of the rich history of our area, as well as have somewhere safe and relaxing to spend time together. I am very proud to be from the North East and hope that many people continue to visit and support in years to come to keep that history alive for a long, long time.
There are lots more photos to share, so I have split this into two blog posts. Keep an eye out for the next post and see the differences in some of the same sights over the seasons.
Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment