Monday 31 August 2020

Baker Turns 8!

Our boyo, Mr Baker Hallow, turned a massive 8 years old on August 26th! I really can't believe that in less than 6 weeks, he will have been in my life for such a long time. Other than my parents, he has been the only constant for me over those eight years and we have such a complex relationship you can definitely tell we've spent a heck of a lot of time together. Of course, like most dog owners can relate to, he has been my best friend (minus my husband) and is the closest we'll have to a child...and because of that, we do love each other very much as well as occasionally butting heads. Come to think of it, the main reason we do butt heads is when he constantly cries for no reason, but that is 100% a 'hereditary' trait he's gotten from me haha!
Back when I first started writing here again in April, I posted a mini-series introducing all of our 10 pets. Click here to read Baker's 'Meet the Pets' post and learn a little more about him.


Every year on his birthday Baker has always gotten presents and had at least a small tea party, some years a proper party with doggy cake and a couple times a BBQ. This year however his birthday fell on a Wednesday and his Daddy only has one day off a week. The other usual party guests, his Granny and Granda, were obviously unable to attend too due to the current world issues.
That means turning 8 was a slightly different affair. On the day I took his annual portraits with the banner I make him and it was extra special this year now that his bedroom is finally fully finished. Then the following day is when we celebrated as a family. Mr H and I blew up lots of balloons (he literally has an obsession with balloons) in the morning so that when he came down he'd have a big surprise before opening his presents!
Check out the video below to see how he reacted to the balloons and him opening his presents.
Lastly, at the end of this post, I've included the past 8 years of his birthday portraits...he's getting an old man now!
Until next year...



1 comment: