Wednesday 10 March 2021

Life Lately - February

 


As I said at the start of last month, this year I've decided to put together a 'Life Lately' post for each month, rather than quarterly or even less often. That way I can share each of our monthly couples portraits (February's as seen above) and my other regular projects I do. Because apparently there are a lot now!

To start, here are all the blog posts I've published in February over my 3 blogs -

Underland to Wonderland - Right here!

Pages of the Hallows - Our Couple's Book Blog!

Adventures of the Hallows - My Photo Diary Blog!
I have taken daily photos since 2013 (2014 were weekly photos) and I share them each week in blog posts.
Check out the past month's worth of posts below!

And below is February's daily photo overview in calendar form. Many days have more than one photo so make sure to visit the posts above to see all the photos!


---

Our daily photos are usually a pretty good representation of what goes on in our life throughout the month, but for the things they don't show see below...

Loving
Donating the money I raised during my 90 mile run to Vucjak Shelter and it going toward spay/neutering 4 dogs! See this blog post for more.
Fundraising During a Pandemic

Hating
How rushed lifting of the supposed 'restrictions' and 'getting back to normal' is. 
It doesn't affect me directly because I don't go anywhere anyway, but it does mean that we are going to be in this pandemic for even longer and I still won't be able to go for a walk when even more people are filing out into the world.

Feeling
Physically, exercising and the slightly warmer weather we had toward the end of February meant my pains were not as bad as they had been. 
Mentally up and down. I don't have the opportunity to get bored or lonely when I have a house to run and 10 animals to care for, plus I have a husband who I like being around. However, I have had moments where I get selfish and pissed off that people who can still go to shops, are seeing family or friends and have a job but moan that their freedom has been taken from them...shuuut uuuppp!

Thinking
That it is ironic how the people who only a few short months ago branded me a bad person for not once faltering in my support for Johnny Depp, are now all hashtagging their way across the internet shouting 'Justice for Johnny!'. Innocent until proven guilty is the key and there was very little evidence from day one. I'm not saying that many women don't have terrible times living with these things, nor struggle to get the help and justice they deserve (from age 16 to 21 I was in a physically and mentally abusive relationship myself) but what I am saying is that people need to realize it goes both ways. Men are not always automatically guilty and women are not always automatically to be believed. 

Reading 
 Disney's Wonderful World of Knowledge #1 - Animals by Sergio Frugis
Through The Looking Glass And What Alice Found There by Lewis Carroll, Harlan Ellison (Narrator) [Audio Book]
The Ickabog by J.K. Rowling
A Tangle of Spells by Michelle Harrison

Watching
Lost S2 
The Big Bang Theory S1 - S5
Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel
 Sister Sister S4
Ru Paul's Drag Race S13
Ru Paul's Drag Race UK S2
The Ripper: Limited Series

Doing More
Even more exercise! On the 19th of February, I hit my first one stone weight loss and as a well done/motivation to keep going Dad got me the Ring Fit for the Nintendo Switch and entry into another virtual distance challenge. So this time I am doing 828 miles around the Ring Road of Iceland and have done 15 days straight of the Ring Fit.
Annoyingly I seem to have hit a wall, despite the 2 hour work outs, and am struggling to drop any more pounds which sucks when I have another three stone to go.

Doing Less
Jigsaw haha. We love jigsaws and after completing our latest 'Escape Puzzle' I ordered a Disney Thomas Kinkade one on National Puzzle Day (January 29th) and started it this month. I don't seem to ever get a second to sit down and do any of it though so the furthest I've gotten is the edges and Snow White.

Stand Out Moments:
Completing my Sign Language course (finally!)
Finishing my 90 mile virtual Hadrians Wall Challenge.
Seeing a Hare!
That Jorvik Viking Thing.
We camped in the living room.
Mr H turned 30!
Getting washing out on the line for the first time this year!
An early morning, flying visit to Marsden.


This year I also started yet another new project, alongside my daily photos, 1 second of video each day. See below for our February video!







No comments:

Post a Comment