Wednesday 31 March 2021

Disneyland Paris 2018 // Photo Pass and Portraits

 



You did in fact read the title correct - 2018. 
Not my 2020 Halloween Honeymoon. Obviously...
But way back in 2018 I was lucky enough to visit with not just my Mam this time, but my Dad too (who hadn't been since 1996) and we met my friend Kerri there. Sadly, the holiday didn't turn out as I expected at all. The month previous I had left a 7-year relationship, my home and moved back in with my parents. If I hadn't already had this trip booked I probably would not have gone because my general frame of mind, coupled with worrying about Baker who was being looked after by a friend, meant it didn't feel like a usual Disney visit. 

We went from June 11th to 15th the and Kerri and I stayed at the Hotel New York because I 'collect' the hotels haha and wanted to stay here before it transformed fully into the new Marvel theme, while my parents chose to stay at the Cheyenne. 
I had planned to take just as many photos, if not more, than I do on all my other Disney holidays. I wanted to take video footage to put together a little film like I had in 2014 and what I had from 1996. I did neither of those things, and with it being the only opportunity I'll have to experience DLP with both my parents again, I will always regret that. 
I left my camera locked up in my room so the only hardcopy memories I have were taken on Photopass and my phone (I never take my phone into the parks so goodness knows why I did this time) on the odd days I decided to document anything at all. Anyway, here are some of those photos. 












As much as it wasn't what I expected, we still had some wonderful times! We rode Pirates of the Caribbean too many times to count, on one night we went on it at least 3 times in a row because there was practically no queue! On the same night, we also got the front seat on Big Thunder Mountain in the dark which was a cool experience! Apparently, we also went on Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast a few times too...
Other things featured in the photos include 'listening in' on the conversation on the old phone in New Century Notions / Flora's Boutique, part of Frontierland was decked out all Coco-esc including a huge Dante and the three Eskdales all met Mickey together. 

I wish we could get a chance to do it all over again as a family of 4 but with 10 animals at home that would be impossible...even discounting the pandemic. I hope that one day Mr H and I will finally be able to visit Disneyland Paris for our Honeymoon we lost out on, though right now that seems a minimum of 5 years away.

Until next time...!






No comments:

Post a Comment