Wednesday 15 September 2021

The Last Day Out at Beamish pt.1

 


It's slightly ridiculous that I've taken since the 7th of July to edit these photos! Yes, we decided that before the summer holidays we'd have our last visit to one of our favourite places and as the restrictions relaxed we decided it wasn't safe for us to go back for the foreseeable future. With people holidaying abroad and in this country, festivals and sports events and in general things have gone ahead too soon, we are back on 'lockdown'. 
The positive about procrastinating the editing of these photos is that I've got to re-live it all again two months later! There are actually so many photos from this day that, you'll see from the title, I've had to split them across two posts haha!
I hope you enjoy a peek in the door of the wonderful Beamish Open Air Museum again and for those who have seen it all, even in person, I hope I have captured a few different perspectives...

































The places featured in the photos above are Pockerley Old Hall (the outdoor areas of which are my personal favourite place), St Helen's Church, Joe the Quilter's Cottage and Pockerley Waggonway. 
Usually, upon entering Beamish we turn left as it seems that most people turn right, but this day we switched it up.

I mentioned in our previous Beamish post [ Return to Beamish ] that Baker had a lovely moment with a horse up at Home Farm. Sadly, we didn't catch it on camera because a rude lady all but pushed him out of the way, but as you can see he got to meet another two beautiful horses on this day. It makes my heart explode to see him interact with other animals because I know how much he loves it. Due to the time and day of the week we visited, it wasn't incredibly busy in these areas either which was great but after passing the sign in the photo above it did get a little busier...
 
Pop back next week for part 2!
See ya real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment