Monday 21 November 2022

Vegan Meal Ideas - Potato Edition!

 


I love potatoes. I'm sure many people love potatoes. In all their different forms! I'm not into all this no-carb life and cutting out entire food groups (minus animal products obviously haha) and although this post may make it seem otherwise, I do like to try and live by 'everything in moderation!
As the weather is cooling down and yet again it's been far too long between my vegan food posts, I thought it was the right time for some comforting, potato-filled, vegan inspiration.
Here are five different ways we've eaten potatoes recently... 


Potato Latkes
My take on the traditionally Jewish fried potato pancake or fritter that is often eaten over Hanukkah.
Obviously, it contains no egg and so is vegan. 


Cheesy Broccoli Mashed Potatoes
Another variation of mashed potatoes including cheese and broccoli mashed in - so good!


Cheesy Potato Bake
I wasn't sure what you'd call this but I guess it is kind of like a pasta bake but with potato rounds instead.
Thin round slices of potato layered with a homemade cheesy sauce, oven-baked, and topped with garlic & parsley.


Fried Garlic and Chive Potato Pancakes
Rather than grated potatoes like the latkes, these are essentially mashed potato versions.
Mashed potato with spring onions fried in a frying pan and topped with parsley.


Green Lentil Shepards Pie
A shocking entry on this list for anyone who knows me and probably the first 'pie' I've ever eaten.
I wanted to try this to add a quick, easy, filling meal option to our list of recipes.
Made with green lentils, peas, and onion and topped with mashed potato!



I now have a whole host of different vegan food posts here on Underland to Wonderland and countless options for many different people and their needs including fussy eaters, easy-to-cook, gluten-free, healthier options and comfort foods.
Click this link here for a lot more posts - Vegan Food Ideas!

You don't have to be vegan to try any of the foods in my posts and you don't have to go fully vegan to add more plant-based meals into your diet. It's common knowledge that a vegan diet literally helps to save our planet so without getting on my soapbox and ranting, I do implore you to try and increase your vegan intake and decrease animal-derived ingredients from your life.

Hopefully, my posts help to show that we don't just eat seeds and leaves. So many things that non-vegans eat either are also vegan or can be made vegan very easily. There are more options now than ever so try something vegan!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment