Friday 10 March 2023

Healing Myself at Whitburn Beach

 

In mid-February I had a hospital appointment and leading up to it my anxiety and other mental struggles became completely overwhelming.
I've struggled with mental health for well over 18 years now and live life in varying levels of turmoil but this was a particularly bad time.
There is little that can calm or soothe me at all during these times, but going to the sea helps.

So we went to the sea.

Here are a collection of photos I took on February 14th at Whitburn Beach.
Feeling the water and earth on my feet, exploring rock pools, wildlife hunting and doing a rock maze.









































There weren't as many birds on this day as there has been on previous visits here, however, we were lucky to see some awesome rockpool life. The rockpools aren't as full of life or diversity of life as they were when I was a child, and this is the first time I've seen so many Hermit Crabs in one place in at least 20 years. 

It may have not taken all my cares away, but this walk did help. 
Never underestimate Mother Nature.





No comments:

Post a Comment