Monday 11 September 2023

Cats I Loved in April

 

As I mentioned in the previous 'Cats I Loved in...' post I have sadly had to step back from my role at our local adoption centre due to health reasons and increased stress and anxiety. I miss all of the cats terribly and it actually hurts to look back at all these beautiful faces and know I won't be helping any more cats firsthand. 
I felt so privileged to meet and spend time with every single cat that I got to and I made sure to get at least one photo of each cat so I could remember them and how they helped me, forever. 

My main role at Cats Protection was as a Desensitization Volunteer and I also took photos, videos and did some other website and social media work. I started in October 2021 and officially left on June 19th 2023 meaning I was with my adoption centre for 19 and a half months. 

These photos are from the cats I had the pleasure of meeting and loving in April 2023. I publish these posts on a six-month delay, meaning the vast majority of the cats will have been rehomed and many renamed. 






Jack
Lyla
Clementine
Phantom










Taz
Mildred
Eeny & Meeny
Margarita
Turtle
Orla, Michelle & Claire










Katinka
Bunny & Chick (daughter and mother)
Izzie
Margarita
Ophelia & Juliet

-----

When leaving their pens I told each and every cat ' I love you' and my heart always broke to close the door behind me, whether they are sitting cosy in their hide or clawing and meowing at the glass. This volunteer placement was a huge part of my life and part of my weekly routine. I am gutted that I will not be continuing my journey with Cats Protection but I still support them via fundraising events and urge you to check out your local centre!

Pop on over to Cats Protection | UK’s Largest Cat Welfare Charity to find the centre closest to you. Donate, shop online, buy from the centres' Amazon wishlist and most importantly ADOPT DON'T SHOP!!! Oh, and spay and neuter you're bloomin' pets. Rescue centres all over the country are really struggling right now and they all need your support. Thanks!

Check out lots more cute cats in the previous post in this series here >


No comments:

Post a Comment