Tuesday 8 December 2020

10 Books I Want Right Now!

 


As time runs out in 2020 and our book buying opportunities disappear I wanted to write a post with my (Mrs H) personal current wishlist...or more so want list haha.

Obviously, up until this year, we have been mainly secondhand book buyers - charity shops were our jam! Also obviously, I have not been inside any building except my house all year, let alone a charity shop so our while our pockets have been spared somewhat, our shelves have suffered!
Next year is likely to be no different at all, therefore with online shopping being our only option we've given ourself a budget. For each book we have read this year, we have £1.50 to spend next year...that means so far with my 56 and Mr H's 36 reads we have £138 or £11.50 per month. Not much at all really.

I mention the above because I'd like to buy the books in this post right now to avoid taking big chunks from our budget next year haha. 












The Nature of Middle-earth



I didn't expect to, because we haven't exactly got a lot of extra funds right now, but we actually got one of the books above each since putting together this post. My Dad gifted us some money and so while buying some household needs on Amazon, I thought I'd treat us to a couple of books...it had been a while! So I chose the Natural History Museum's 'Fantastic Beasts' book that accompanies their exhibition at the museum seeing as there is no chance we will be able to attend. For Mr H I picked the 'A Middle-earth Traveller' because you can never go wrong with something LOTR for him!
I hope to be able to find the others as bargains at some point as I really, really want them haha.





No comments:

Post a Comment