Monday 7 December 2020

Life Lately // November

 

[The photo above is our monthly couple portrait for November. We have been taking these since January 2019, usually outside...]


I can't believe it's time again for a quarterly update here. That also means it's been 9 months since I brought this blog back to life after it's closure in mid-2018. Obviously, we've been pretty much at a standstill in our house so there isn't much to update on it's still cool to look back on in years to come.
See the previous Life Lately here.

First off, a quick summary of posts that have gone up over all three blogs in the past month or so.

Adventures of the Hallows - My Photo Diary Blog!
I have taken daily photos since 2013 (2014 were weekly photos) and I share them each week in blog posts. I also have a series, Back Through the Lens, where I look back at that exact week over the past 7 years and chose a photo from each to re-share and reminisce about! Check out the past month's worth of posts below!
Back Through the Lens - Week 44
2020 Project 366 // Days 302 - 308
Back Through the Lens - Week 45
2020 Project 366 // Days 309 - 315
Back Through the Lens - Week 46
2020 Project 366 // Days 316 - 322
Back Through the Lens - Week 47
2020 Project 366 // Days 323 - 329
Back Through the Lens - Week 48
2020 Project 366 // Days 330 - 336
Back Through the Lens - Week 49


Pages of the Hallows - Our Couple's Book Blog!
We ended up having an intentional but much-needed break from this blog right throughout October. That meant that November was used as a catch-up month and even then still didn't see much posting!
With having 3 blogs it's hard to keep on top of them all alone even if I don't have a day job and Mr H has been extremely busy the past few months with only 1 day off a week.
Pages Per Day // September
What Mrs Hallow Read This Quarter [July - September]
November TBR Lists
Pages Per Day // October
December TBR Lists


Underland to Wonderland - Right here!
A Peek into Our World // Baker's Bedroom
So This is 30?
Nature Exploring at Newburn Riverside
(Even More) Vegan Meal Ideas
Marriage Lvl.1 Complete
The Skies of 2020
Coronavirus and Me
Our Eco Journey - Out and About
Catch Up with the Pets! // Part 1


The calendar below shows my November daily photos in one big overview! A lot of days have more than one photo per day, so to see them all and see the images in a larger size make sure to follow the links listed above.


--- 

Our daily photos are usually a pretty good representation of what goes on in our life throughout the month, but for the things they don't show see below...


Loving
Hmmm, it really shouldn't be this hard to think of something! haha Shall we just go with the cliche answer I use every time and say my family?

Hating
People. As always haha. I hate people who are living pretty much normally (still able to go for walks, pop to the shop, work from home or in persons etc) but are complaining their life has been ruined. I hate the people who are making their own rules, purposely disregarding the rules and being so selfish as to not realize how hard many other people are having it. So what you couldn't go out partying for your birthday or are having to cook your own meals for once? There are people dealing with much more difficult circumstances.

Feeling 
Just a bit disheartened because of the above. Everyone has been so overly optimistic all year, completely ignoring the fact that this is a pandemic not a small issue and they all thought life would be 'back to normal'. So much so that now they are all sick of everything and just over having to do everything differently, so they are just doing what they want. There is no end in sight as long as people refuse to be proactive, meaning high-risk people like me and worse will be isolated indoors for years to come.

Thinking
Of places we can go. I miss nature and wildlife and our hikes in the outdoors so much. But there are just so many people who have taken up walking that I can't go anywhere. There has to be somewhere in a drivable radius from our house that we can safely walk without the fear of seeing another human.

Reading
Just as much as I have been all year! As of last night, I just started my 58th book of 2020. That (I think) works out at approximately 1 book for every 6 days of the year so far which I'm happy with. We also did a quick totting up of how many pages we've read each this year over on our book blog and as of the end of October I was sitting at around 12,000!

Watching
What haven't we watched?! We've started and finished many more series yet haven't as watched many movies. A quick list of series from the past two months - Gilmore Girls, Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, The Haunting of Bly Manor, Tattoo Fixers, The Alienist, Only Fools and Horses, Sister Sister, The Office and Black Books.

Doing More
Exercising! Finally! I think there will be at least a small percentage of the public who are in the same boat as me and haven't been able to get out for walks etc. That small action has impacted my health terribly and since June 2019 I've put on 4 stone in weight. Not only am I uncomfortable, feel and look disgusting and have barely any clothes that fit me anymore but my arthritis and asthma have been badly affected too. I've tried multiple different things to work out from home but because my knees, hips and back are in a lot of pain, I've struggled.
Now I have a mini rebounder (trampoline)! This is a more low impact way of exercising, is a cardiovascular exercise that also works multiple muscles, can support bone strengthening, helps improve balance and much more. For now I'm building up my endurance slowly, doing 20-30 minutes every other day, seeing as I am now more unfit than I have ever been in my life and my joints aren't used to the movement as much yet. 

Doing Less
Starting to try and eat less. Especially less shite haha. We may be vegan but that doesn't mean we don't have crisps, biscuits and other rubbish. It's increased a lot of the past year and I've been trying to get my sugar addiction under control.


Stand out moments in the last few months:
- We obviously had our first wedding anniversary! [Post linked above.]
- My car battery died again!! After having been replaced only 18 months ago it ended up having a defective cell and needed replacing again.
- We painted our bathroom finally. The previous occupants had interesting taste so we got the green turned to fresh, clean white.
- Baker is using 'buttons' to communicate. [Click here to see what I mean.]
- We decided to re-start collecting Funko Pops...Uh oh...More on that soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment