Tuesday 29 December 2020

What Mr Hallow Read Last Quarter [July - September]


Its the end of December and I'm only just doing this post... I really need to get better at keeping up with doing posts on this blog Mrs H does pretty much everything and its not fair. So here is my 'what I read this quarter' for July - September. After doing this post I realised how little I actually read after going back to work this year. I really need to read more next year.

July

Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix by J.K Rowling
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I think this book is when I really started to enjoy the Harry Potter books, I thought it was great how the story developed in this book and I just had to get to the next one.

Mr Sparks by Danny Weston
⭐️⭐️⭐️
I had wanted to read this book for a while and although I did enjoy reading this I kind of felt like it was very heavily influenced by the goosebumps books and I found it hard to see past that.


August

Nightmares by Jason Segel
⭐️⭐️⭐️
I was looking forward towards this book because Mrs H loved it, I did like this book but I don't think I will read any of the sequels as I have so many books that need reading.

Memento Mori (Tales from the Haunted Mansion) by Amicus Arcane
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I finally finished!! I loved all of these books great read and the presentation of everything was fantastic. I found this one my favourite of the four books but I think that is more because it was the spookiest of the four.


September

The Company of Ghosts by Berlie Doherty
⭐️⭐️⭐️
This book wasn't at all what I expected going in with that being said I really enjoyed it. The Island that Ellie travelled too sounded great me and Mrs H would love to live somewhere like that even better that it had no other inhabitants.

Predators Gold by Phillip Reeve
⭐️⭐️⭐️
This was a great second novel in this series the way it built on the first book was great and it not my usual cup of tea in the way this is more of a Sci-Fi post-apocalyptic story,  I prefer to read fantasy but for some reason I really enjoyed this the next book is based 20 years into the future so I cant wait to see what happens.

A Whole New World by Liz Braswell
⭐️⭐️⭐️
Mrs H has been telling me to read this all year and I thought it was a great alternative to story to Aladdin. We have all of these books and I'm sure I will work my way through them at some point.


So that's it 7 Books in three months in this same time Mrs H read 14 books! My aim for this year was to read 30 books so tune back in for the next post to see whether I make it or not... As I am so late in writing this post I can tell you yes, I did! But how many did I read...?




No comments:

Post a Comment