Monday 3 January 2022

The Birds of 2021 // January

 


As of this year, 2022, I am now into my 10th year of taking part in Project 365 which is taking a photo every day of my life. 10 years!! Over those years nature, wildlife and in particular, birds have featured heavily throughout my project and so last year I shared quarterly blog posts showing the birds I had captured the previous year (check them out below). 
I really enjoyed looking back at those photos and totting up my total of birds photographed therefore I am doing the same again, except this time I am posting them monthly. Here we have all the birds I photographed for my daily photos in January 2021.

The Birds of 2020:
January - March
April - June
July - September
October - December














Species photographed this month:
Rock Dove (Common Pigeon)
Herring Gull
Carrion Crow
Black Bird
Starling
Mistle Thrush
House Sparrow
Total: 6

Having looked at last years total number of species photographed, I was quite confident that 2021 was going to include more seeing as we managed to go out on a few more walks later in the year. However, it seems the mere 6 species spotted this month was outdone in January 2020 with a total of 15 species! 
We'll see how the months compare as the year progresses, but as of this year I am aiming for a 'Big Year'* fingers crossed I can beat both 2020 and 2021!

*See 'The Big Year' movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment