Wednesday 13 January 2021

The Birds of 2020 // January - March

 


It's no new information that I love wildlife and birds. Many of the daily photos I take (pop over to Adventures of the Hallows to check out my 9th year of Project 365) feature the birds I encounter in my life be it in my garden from the window or out on adventures. Therefore I've decided to look back on the birds of 2020 each quarter and count how many species I was lucky enough to photograph. 

January















Herring Gull, Rock Dove, Fulmar, Stonechat, Starling, Coot, Black-Headed Gull, Cormorant, Coal Tit, Robin, Black Bird, Mute Swan, Tufted Duck, Wood Pigeon, Magpie.
15 Species photographed in January.


February










Fulmar, Coal Tit, Blue Tit, Magpie, Wood Pigeon, Song Thrush, Mandarin Duck, Mallard.
8 species photographed in February. 4 new this month.


March





Black Bird, Magie Pie, Mistle Thrush, Rock Dove, Wood Pigeon.
5 species photographed in March. 1 new this month.



That totals different 20 species total from January through March! 20! That's so cool and 9 of those photos were taken from my own home. The Fulmar was a real highlight of the first quarter of 2020, photographed at Marsden Bay where there is a great population of breeding kittiwakes, fulmars, razorbills and herring gulls and I look forward to the day we can return and photograph them again.

Until next time...!





No comments:

Post a Comment