Friday 21 October 2022

Baker's 2022 Photo Set

 



On the 8th of October, after literal years, I met up with my friend Laura and finally got to meet her baby, Buddie. It was brilliant not only to be able to catch up but also to get back into photographing for other people. Laura booked a dog field so that Buddie could be free to play safely and securely and I did a full photo set of him while there (of which I'll include a handful of photos at the end of this post). Afterward, we also popped down to one of my favorite places, Marsden, for a little explore on-lead and I used my photoshop skills to edit his lead out of any photos I took there!

All that to say, there was also an agility field next to the exercise field and so we decided to book it for Baker on the morning of my birthday, the 12th of October.
If you know, you know about Baker and his anxiety etc. We play daily in the house with balloons, piggy in the middle with soft toys and in the garden with his ball. He goes about once a month to Beamish for a nice long walk that he always ends up knackered from too. Baker doesn't want or get boring daily on-lead walks around the block, but he does have my company and attention all day every day so he is more than well cared for and exercised.
At 10 years old we have seen him age even more in recent months so we didn't know how much he'd be able to do but he was in his element...!












As soon as we pulled into the car park he seemed to somehow know where we were. He was incredibly excited and upon getting into the field and being told 'go on then' he took off running! I have personally not seen him like it in years and Mr H says he has never seen him like it at all and we have had him on multiple days out, trips to the beach, and our recent holiday to North Rhinns. 
He ran, jumped, climbed, played with his ball, showed off how clever he is and of course posed for the few photos I took. We had an hour there and I only took a few photos to make sure we were in the moment and enjoying our time together properly. I wish I'd been able to get more candid photos but Baker has never been the type to allow that - as soon as he sees the camera he sits and poses nicely haha.
Towards the end of our time, we had to try and get him to walk around slowly and not play too much because we knew that that night he might feel it going up the stairs and be very tired for the next few days but there was no telling him. Puppy brain well and truly took over our 10-year-old man! 

I love to take a nice set of photos of Baker as often as I can because I know that one day when he isn't here I will have a huge book filled with beautiful images of him from every angle and all ages to remember how special he is. 
We will definitely be booking the field again in the future and enjoying lots more fun times, though maybe not do the full hour to save his little legs!




Above is a super quick little clip of him playing - I wish I'd thought to film more of him on the agility course! And the other photos are just a handful of my favorites from Laura and Buddie's shoot!
You can also check out > Baker's 2021 Photo Set < here!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment