Monday 5 October 2020

A Peek into Our World // Baker's Bedroom


It's been a month since the 'Meet the Pets' series ended and obviously due to the fact of not having any more pets to introduce you to, I thought I'd show you their stomping grounds, bedrooms and just generally our house in another mini-series. 
We moved into this house in June 2019, so while we have been here 16 months now, we are still working our way through all the rooms to transform them into our rooms. Being a rental and us not exactly having the most expendable income, we have done just basics things, taken our time and on a budget!
I have a specific taste that isn't for everyone but somehow I managed to meet a husband who likes 99.99% of the same styles as me and we have had fun turning this house into our home. That all being said, the first room I am showing you isn't exactly 'us'. First and foremost it is our dog, Baker's bedroom but it also serves a function as a spare room with a bed that my parents will use when they visit...therefore I wanted to make it lighter, brighter and 'happier' than the rest of the house haha.
Here is a little peek into our world...








As you can see, this room has become somewhat of a hub for many of my Disney collections. All of my Disney DVDs are stored here (not just the ones seen on the shelves, the rest are in the tall boy cupboard and drawers), the majority of my soft toys are at home here, as well as a couple of other pieces. 
The main other tiny touch is the felt wildlife garland. I bought a kit from Etsy which came with all the materials and I put it together over a little while...maybe longer than I hoped haha.
The thing with moving to a house with multiple pieces of furniture and different shaped rooms is it can be difficult to find new placements for everything. So obviously these pieces don't all fit but it's the best that can be done without buying all new specific furniture - something we won't do out of principle eco-friendly wise and money wise.  
We chose yellow because it's a colour I love but would never necessarily wear or otherwise decorate with. Yellow fits the bill of being bright and happy and as we had a burgundy (red), green and teal (almost blue-y) rooms, it seemed a good fitting for a dark rainbow home. When we moved in this room had two walls that were an extremely pale pink and the other two were an equally pale mint green. Other than Baker's cage and an old vintage wardrobe (since sold boohoo), it sadly ended up being used as a dumping ground for extras that weren't in their specific place yet and piles of things destined for the charity shop or gumtree. It was extra special to finally get around to washing it all with a coat of white, papering the feature wall, organizing everything and adding some little touches so that Baker space was comfortable and nice for not only him but my parents too. 

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment