Monday 19 October 2020

Nature Exploring at Newburn Riverside



These photos were taken on the 17th of September. A little while ago, yep.
Right now the only place, other than the rooms of our own house, that I go is in the car. I drive Mr H to work in the morning and then go and pick him up in the afternoon. Because I don't want him waiting around I'm usually pretty early picking him up and use that time to read some of my book but on this day something made me get out of the car.
My anxiety and just general fear of people has been pretty bad lately so I can't even have my car windows open when people are nearby so how I managed to go on this little walk on a sunny day is beyond me. I was going to just step out and grab a photo for my daily photos but my feet kept taking me closer to all the nature! It was only a 1.25mile walk but that short leg stretching session was much needed and did me so much good.














The route I took usually has many cyclists on it, therefore the birds are much more timid and could be heard but not seen so getting the photos of the robin took a lot of stealth haha. Thankfully by some miracle, I was lucky to not have to see too many other people but I did clutch onto my mask at all times ready to stick it on and run as far away as possible as soon as I did spot anyone! And while I'm mentioning that I want to question why people are so offended at that? Why do you care if I put a mask on 'even though I'm outside' or if I move as far away as possible to avoid any human contact? It doesn't affect you, but if I were to get ill because you sneezed while walking past me it would affect me a lot!
An interaction that was wonderful was with the horse, who was the sweetest soul and one of the only animals I've gotten to talk to in months...other than my 10 at home obviously. Aren't they beautiful?


As I said the majority of these photos were taken on the 17th of September, however the final 9 above were taken on the 30th of September when we took a super quick 15-20 minute visit, after Mr H finished work, to get our monthly portrait seeing as it hadn't been done yet and it was our last opportunity, being the last day of the month. With it being on a Wednesday, mid-afternoon and drizzling with rain, we were only passed once by a couple of cyclists...which of course we still moved fully off the path away from them.
Right now my area has one of the highest Covid infection rates in the whole of the UK so we are literally not going anywhere at all now. That means I don't know when I'll get to share any other nature walk photos. Boo :(

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment