Monday 30 November 2020

Catch Up with the Pets! // Part 1

 


After finishing my 'Meet the Pets' series, where I introduced you to the mini zoo of animals that live in our house, I knew the time would come where I missed posting about them all here. It's been since right back at the very beginning of September when I last shared any photos of our family and with taking daily photos and such, I do have a few photos to share since those posts went live too. 
I've gone through all of my Project 366 folders and seeing as Baker's 'Meet the Pets' went up first his unseen photos go back until May! The Guinea Pigs featured last in the pet series so there are less photos of them to share, and so on for all the Hallow clan.
Obviously I take even more photos of them all, daily, with my phone but I won't be sharing those here. I've also had to decide to split this into two posts so as not to overload you with cuteness! Enjoy.




















The above photos span from May to September and are a pretty good representation of our life with all these little rays of sunshine. There is never a dull moment, with cuddles and cute moments to fights and injuries, I always have something to deal with haha. In the recent months, we have had a few situations that make me wonder how people can really disregard pet ownership and think I should not be called their 'Mam' or a parent. Here is a list of things that I think do make me a mother:

- Cleaning up sick.
- Waking up early morning or in the middle of the night.
- Sleeping on the sofa to provide comfort during fireworks etc.
- Worrying about and keeping an eye on injuries.
- Breaking up fights.
- Telling off for being naughty.
- Praising for being good.
- Teaching new behaviours and tricks.
- Buying and making things especially for them.
- Spending more money on them than ourselves.
- Stressing about getting their food and treats when we can't go in shops.
- Taking more photos of them than any other living thing.
- And wayyy more...

I don't care what any mother of children says, I am a mother to animals and I'm pretty sure the stress I go through with them equals at least 1 kid ha!!

Anyway, part 2 to come.
Until next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment